Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i picked up a dohc zc frankenstiend d15b7 short block (wow thats alot of words) and it still had the timing belt. The previous owner ranted about how that timing belt cost him 140 bux. Does anyone have an idea of what kind of belt it could be, and how to identify it? there seem to be no markings on the belt. Im trying to figure out how much its worth, since its only 1000 miles old. I cannot use it.

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was trying to figure out what aftermarket brand this could be.
Thats interesting too.

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, im not planning on using it, b/c im buildin up sohc. I was just tryin to find info so i could sell it. If i remember correctly i was told it was a greddy, but i dont know if they make belts.

Z

·
0 Posts
wtf dohc i dont think u can put a vtec on that block and btw d15b if im not mistaken is a single cam zc

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zccrxsi said:
wtf dohc i dont think u can put a vtec on that block and btw d15b if im not mistaken is a single cam zc
I never said it was a D15b. I said it was a D15b7, the non vtec DX engine, with the DOHC ZC head on it. Also, if you wanted to put the DOHC head on a vtec block, all you need is the oil controll jet..
Read up a lil more before you go WTF'n. ahaha.
Rexinre said:
Wait a second I missed that part... Will a dohc zc head fit on that D15b7 block?
LOL... Yes it fits just fine. I seen the guy pull the head off, and he used this timing belt.

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DOHCef8si said:
why u want to put d15 head on a dual cam zc thats just point less
It was the other way around.. he had the dual cam zc head on a sohc d15b7.
Although i could say b/c the zc has a stronger rotating assembly...

C

·
0 Posts
Rexinre said:
Wait a second I missed that part... Will a dohc zc head fit on that D15b7 block?
Yeah mi next proyect is the D16a9 DOHC head with the d16a9 pistons on my D15B block :twisted:
Some people in USA don't know to do this swap but in my country is very popular :smile: , and yes it run HAAAAAAAAAAAARD without VTEC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts