Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there are any differences between the two??? Can you mate a DOHC head to a SOHC block?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
no u cannot, they have different oil or cooling galleys i cannot remember. u can machine them to fit, with maybe $500.00 later

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way to tell if I have a SOHC rather than a dual block? Any markings or something like that that distinquishes it?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
damn, i have a sohc zc and a d16a1 in my garage that i could compare, but i dont know if the dohc zc block looks the same as the a1 :neutral:

i take it you have just the block? are thre pistons/rods in it? they should have the same stampings as the a6 if its the sohc.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The block I have is a shortblock, no internals at all. the only thing that I can see that would make it SOHC is the oil cooler isn't there. Have you guys seen a SOHC block w/o an oil cooler?

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, my DOHC ZC has that, its a drain plug. I went to my buddy's house and I found a SOHC ZC in his yard!!!!! Asked if I could rip it apart, he said he didn't give a shit, pulled the head off and my HG doesn't fit it. The holes are like 1/2 in off, that makes me feel better....anything else you guys can think of?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts