Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If $695 for a reman trans is too much, then you shouldn't be trying for 400 whp. Add a MFactory Torsen LSD for $700 retail and you'd have a trans ready for 400 whp, but I'd upgrade to carbon synchros while in there as well, another $200 retail.
Is an LSD Necessary for a build like mine? Also, idk if the trans has carbon synchros already, I think ill inquiry about that before the purchase. If they are not, how should I approach this issue considering my situation with rebuilding? Are there any cheaper LSD's on the market those good recommendations?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
LSD means you wont eat a guard rail when you decide to floor it on the interstate

It is a fantastic thing to have, even on a very mild 200whp setup

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,938 Posts
cheap
fast
reliable

you can only pick 2....and judging by your posts, youre trying for fast and reliable......so guess what it wont be

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I recommend carbon synchros. Most boosted builds tend to carry power to a higher RPM than stock. D synchros are already small (D 1/2 are the same size as B 3/4) so a synchro with more bite only helps prolong the life of the synchro itself. There are no cheaper LSD's that professionals will install. There is one out there but it is a hunk of crap for many reasons.

If you want to know more about getting a trans built you can check my site out and email me, www.wd-r.com

The reman'd transmissions Synchrotech sells are not all the same and not necessarily remanufactured. The industry standard for a transmission to be considered remanufactured is 75% of the parts replaced with new parts. Synchrotech charges $400 for labor and a master rebuild kit is $350-$400 depending on which synchros you get. Add in the cost of a core trans (they have a super cheap source since they're in SoCal, so $75 for a core) and shift forks and you can see that they're either taking a loss on it or not replacing all of the wear items that their master rebuild kits include.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts