Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
what are your goals hp wise?

thats a pretty small turbo

and no way to know if its good untill you have in hand and can check shaft play ect....but a rebuild kit is like 80 from g-pop shop or you could always have them re-build if you dont feel comfortable

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^ True!

Junk Yards sell them kind of Turbos for $105 + Tax.
Unfortunately, around here (Northern Alberta, Canada), prices for stuff like this are usually quite inflated...

crazymx6 said:
what are your goals hp wise?

thats a pretty small turbo
I'd like something in the general neighborhood of 200hp... Would this give that at around 10lbs boost, on stock internals?

Mr^Man

·
Registered
554 Posts
personally i would like something alittle bigger because in the top end of the rpm range that turbo will be out of breath and just be blowing hot air

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Have you looked at some of the turbo shops on line like gpop shop might cost a few more bucks but you know what your getting. And a turbo running out of breathe and blowing hot air dont go hand and hand. If its out of efficiency yes it will but if not you will be fine but dont expect alot of power up top mid to low range will be nice though

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
this turbo is perfect for 200whp. it is ment to be.
i dont think this turbo is made for 200 hp... like boosted said.. its out of its effiency range... do you really think this little bodinky dink is gonna flow over 100hp..?? nah.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
There is a chance that it might try and find a compressor map that will help us all out and you as well. Looks to be about the size of a td04 if not bigger and they can get you to 200. Just not enough info to make a decision but for that price its worth a try fuck it just do it

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i dont think this turbo is made for 200 hp... like boosted said.. its out of its effiency range... do you really think this little bodinky dink is gonna flow over 100hp..?? nah.
this turbo is perfect for 200whp.
.42/.48 t3.
its been done many a times. i have one beside me.

look for a map for a T3 50 trim

just measured mine because ive always wondered..

exducer 2.367in
inducer 1.674in

·
Registered
40 Posts
First, boostfreak.. don't turn this into another bitchfest like a couple other threads you've posted in.

Second, there's a big difference between 200hp and 200whp, OP would you please clarify this?

Third, you could get a dyno to read 200whp on a stock car! Why is everyone so dyno queen happy around here? Numbers don't mean anything, I'd be looking for some type of "gain" not just a number.

·
Registered
ej2
1,388 Posts
I have one, pretty fun, has low spool (3k starts boost 3.5k full boost) actually the top end holds up have way decent, Ive felt a t28 vs this turbo and the top end is nite and day

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
First, boostfreak.. don't turn this into another bitchfest like a couple other threads you've posted in.

Second, there's a big difference between 200hp and 200whp, OP would you please clarify this?

Third, you could get a dyno to read 200whp on a stock car! Why is everyone so dyno queen happy around here? Numbers don't mean anything, I'd be looking for some type of "gain" not just a number.
Well the dyno is a tuning tool it just happens to give you a whp number there are some tuners that do not street tune. lol at dyno queens I dont see to many of those on this site.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well the dyno is a tuning tool it just happens to give you a whp number there are some tuners that do not street tune. lol at dyno queens I dont see to many of those on this site.
I'm just saying that you could get it to read 200whp stock if that's the "number" you want. And it seems every thread on here, ppl want dyno numbers. I come from Subaru's where if you ask that on a subiie site, you'll get a good flaming about how it means nothing.

Sorry, not trying to be rude.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
I'm just saying that you could get it to read 200whp stock if that's the "number" you want. And it seems every thread on here, ppl want dyno numbers. I come from Subaru's where if you ask that on a subiie site, you'll get a good flaming about how it means nothing.

Sorry, not trying to be rude.
Well leave that subbie bullshit there. We like dyno numbers but love track numbers more the dyno is a tool the track tells the truth. This has been covered many times

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
I picked up the same turbo from a u-pull-it for 40$ Havent used it yet though. i beleive the wastgate spring is set at 7psi. and also i think someone on hear made 240 or 260 to the wheels boosting around 16psi

1 - 20 of 45 Posts