Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some monkey on Ebay is selling a turbo kit, i asked for a pic of the thing and this is the pic he sent of the turbo, since i have never seen a turbo close up, i dont know if this looks wasted or not. It looks like one of the fin things is broken, but it may be its meant to be like that. As iam a spastic ill leave it to your wise turbo knowledge to keep me straight.
Thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was fast!, thanks for that. Man if that is wasted then the idiot actually sent me a pic of it close up so i could see it was :shock: . Iam getting so sick of all these shady deals on ebay. I think iam just goin to follow the advice on here and buy all the bits seperate and brand new.
Now i gotta grovel with the suppliers to ask them if they will ship to the land of kilts,hagggis and unhealthy people.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
DONT GET IT !!!!! DONT USE A TURBO UNLESS YOU HAVE ACTUALY SEEN IT WORKING, OR IF ITS NEW OR YOU REALLY TRUST THE PERSON WHOS SELLING IT... just trust me on this one... you dont want to be like me and spend all day to put it on then have to take a day off work to take it off again... it really sucks...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on top of the pic i can promise that doesnt look like a 15g turbo. i doubt its a pic of actual product

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have got to tell me your sad story Konig. Yeah ive been ripped on ebay a few times but when its a small amount of money its not so bad, but when your talking serious green for turbo kits etc, that is straight wrong. I could never do that to anyone. If your thing is broken for whatever reason just deal with it..things break. But these scum think nothing of taking some poor kids savings to off load his crap. You should be able to find out the persons exact address, so you and bout 5 of your boys could pay them a little "visit". Ive had enough of ebay im going to buy all new part by part.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i didnt get a bad turbo from ebay i got one from the local performance shop. he said he would hook me up on a rebuild but i dont want to even see this turbo again in my life... im almost wanting to change the turbo im going to use becuase everything i have is set up around the 14b im just so pissed... im goin to get it rebuilt i guess, but not through him...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sucks man, im sorry to hear that. You can always find a solution to your problem, id recommend waiting for the guy to leave his shop then drive over to him and...no to hell with that, just drive over him. That way he will learn never to do that again and you will feel a lot better :D see problem solved.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chances are the turbo will work but not for long, so i would not put that on any car. I will share my 2 cents and say when the blade is broken like that its throws of the balance of the wheel and may cause it to "wobble" just a little bit. the little wobbling at 10000 rpm could be dangerous for the turbo and may break the shaft or cause the blade to hit the housing causing further damage. So the turbo is not busted yet but will be soon enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts