Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to one of the local shops in my are and got a qoute. Was wondering if it sounded like a decent price, for what it is. Thanks
garret 50 trim. 48 a/r $599
tial 38mm wastgate $225
tial 50mm bov $220
log, ac compatiable manifold $350
ss 2.5" downpipe $250
2.5" charge pipe $350
475hp intercooler $350
550cc injectors $350
walbro 255 $100
0bd1 ecu with conversion harness $300
neptune tuning $600
oil feed and return line $100
installation $500
competition stage 2 clutch $340
3" exhaust with cat $600
aluminum dual core radiator $200

Total: with tax $5868.72

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
shop around look for SOME of the parts used b/c im hoping those are brand new prices
w0rd is b0nd, y0! does that shit even include labor?
and check our sponsor info, they'll give you a deal just for being here

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah im considering an Autoworks kit, and just have this place install it. I thought it seemed high, but wanted some opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess they dont use crome there and they said Neptune was cheaper than Hondadata. Well I looked at Thermal R&D exhausts and there 650+ dollars plus I would need a cat. And this shop is quoting me for a SS exhaust with a magnaflow muffler and cat too. So I thought that wasnt too bad. Its just some of the other stuff seemed pricey. The aluminum radiator didnt sound bad either.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I guess they dont use crome there and they said Neptune was cheaper than Hondadata. Well I looked at Thermal R&D exhausts and there 650+ dollars plus I would need a cat. And this shop is quoting me for a SS exhaust with a magnaflow muffler and cat too. So I thought that wasnt too bad. Its just some of the other stuff seemed pricey. The aluminum radiator didnt sound bad either.
is there any other tuners in your area? for tuning, getting my ecu socketed and tuned with crome pro was about 300 for everything. xenocron sells obd1 ecus ready to go. i jsut looked up vrsexhuast prices for 3inch ss with ss magnalow muff and 3inch cat. its about 400, plus aprox 100 for welding...so say 500. 100 bucks is 100 bucks towards something else.

so right there, thats 400 bucks off the bat. idk, im just cheap...lol.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Go with an autoworks kit, that's what is on mine and I love it. Greg is great to deal with and his shipping is wicked fast. Neptune is a good management program, but no one around here deals with it, so I'm not real familiar with it. I have ectune on mine and I am very impressed with it. Are far as exhaust goes, don't buy a cat back, they're too damn expensive. You can build one for less than 1/3 the price of one. I ordered 3" mandrel bends from speedwaymotors.com and took them to the exhaust shop to be welded up with some 3" pipe.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
$6k!!!!!

FUCK THAT

HMT ftmfw

Send me $2k...I'll put together a kit for you and install it...SHIT.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I went to one of the local shops in my are and got a qoute. Was wondering if it sounded like a decent price, for what it is. Thanks
garret 50 trim. 48 a/r $599
tial 38mm wastgate $225
tial 50mm bov $220
log, ac compatiable manifold $350
ss 2.5" downpipe $250
2.5" charge pipe $350
475hp intercooler $350
550cc injectors $350
walbro 255 $100
oil feed and return line $100
Thats $2894 on the kit w/ injectors...off the top of my head I could beat that by about $200 or so to your door.
I'd also suggest the .63 A/R 50 trim.
I could supply the conv. harness and ECU as well.

(thanks for the vouches as well :TU: x1000 )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts