1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a D15B bored to 75.5mm.

I ordered the gasket kit from FJT.

The head gasket BARELY goes over the cylinders (it doesnt cover the cylinders though)

Is this ok? Will this be an issue in the future?
I'm not sure if the kit came with a 75mm head gasket. But it looks like it could work. Or should I just replace it with a Cosmetic 75.5mm?

Pics:

[update 12/21]

Gasket Kit:

Fitment:

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
where are your dowels

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
^not necessarily. Not saying I agree with it, because I don't, but I know people that don't use them and get away with it. Not a good idea IMO.

OP your hg is fine.

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^not necessarily. Not saying I agree with it, because I don't, but I know people that don't use them and get away with it. Not a good idea IMO.

OP your hg is fine.

I looked through a few other peoples builds, and I notice when they take motor shots they dont have the dowels in. (Dowel pins I'm assuming).

This is my first build and I've done a bit of research (lots of reading on this site; thanks d-series.org!).

I thought that the head studs align the HG and head. Seems like it. They do hold it aligned pretty well.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
If it was me I would use them.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
studs will only center it so much with pretty good amount of slack. be probably dam impossible to keep the gasket perfectly centered without them. maybe it's just me but prefer to work smarter not harder.

headgasket looks like it will do fine and build looks like it's coming along great

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Lol. I think the package said "Taiwan" :sweatdrop:

But I've read a few people on here using FJs' gasket kit without problems.
:nono:

fj needs to offer Japanese hg's big time

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
build looks like it's coming along great
Thanks! :yes:

I plan to show everyone the build once it's closer to running.

I've done a lot thus far. Just keeping it out of the public till its closer to finished.

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
Pata must be smokin' the GOOD SHIT! 3yr thread bump....why? Because fuck you, that's why.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Ring...
Ring...
"hello"
"I'm pregnant!!!!?"
"I think you have the wrong number!"
"wha"---click

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
just use them, there only $3 each at honda. i might use one on each hole this time around. you can only fit 4 on the block..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts