Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
eg
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
building a z6 block with p29 but now my main bearings dont match up. i bought OEM main bearings and i did match them the color their supposed to be.

so is the wrist pin higher or lower on the rod? will that mess with the main bearing clearance?

·
Registered
eg
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i installed p29 pistons and i bought the right color main bearings but now my clearance are way off. the crank is loose in there

any thoughts

·
Registered
77 civc cvcc
10 Posts
I think you are talking about the rods right? Ive heard you need to use the integra bearings. What year integra did you take them out of? The good rods are from 86-87. The piston has nothing to do with bearing clearance, please clarify a bit:)

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Judging from all the useful info in this thread I'm going to assume you used the rods the pistons were on to begin with? If that's the case then yes you could probably expect your rod bearing clearances to be messed up.

·
Registered
eg
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well found the problem. i forget to install the thrust washer. i know i know i'm retarded but i was so frustrated that i just didn't know what happen. so i stop working on it and this morning went back at it with a clean mind and its done

Thanks for the advise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts