Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I have d16 turbo currently facing a issue tried checking with many workshops but couldn't figure it out.
My rev limit is set to 7k rpms, after 2 or 3 pulls my car wouldnt hit full revs, mostly happens when car is kept on for like 20-30mins. I feels like there is a lag and it won't pass the rpm 5 or 6 depending on how hot it gets. The more hot it gets the less rpms it gets stuck on. Dont have any car heating problem, no boost leak all working good.

Anyone faced similar issue? Please help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tuner said its nothing related to tune...
About dizzy dont u think car would go off or something?

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Thats not much of a video. Is there a longer one to show how it changes its behavior?

Also, datalog would be awesome, like Rob above advised.

I would be comparing oil pressure, water temp, air temp, vehicle speed, fuel pressure if you have a gauge, and ALSO check both the rev limit in the tune, and the FUEL CUT limit in the tune.

Tuner may also have done safeties, such as "limit rpm vs water temp" or same with oil pressure.

Might be worth an oil change to verify there is no metal debris in the oil.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats not much of a video. Is there a longer one to show how it changes its behavior?

Also, datalog would be awesome, like Rob above advised.

I would be comparing oil pressure, water temp, air temp, vehicle speed, fuel pressure if you have a gauge, and ALSO check both the rev limit in the tune, and the FUEL CUT limit in the tune.

Tuner may also have done safeties, such as "limit rpm vs water temp" or same with oil pressure.

Might be worth an oil change to verify there is no metal debris in the oil.
This only happens after 2-3 pulls or long drive like 20-30mins.. when it cools down car runs fine. It is something related to heat, tuner said he didnt add any option for restriction..
It something related to heat, when it gets too warm it starts restricting....

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Do you have a spare ignition control module to try out?
Could also simply be the same module getting hot.

Ignition coil is also a possibility.

This is why junkyards are awesome to be around. $20 later, you have 2 components to toss in to see if there is a change!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try changing the distributor and see if there is any difference :)
Just wanted to confirm its bad dizzy can cause such issue

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Retain the OEM distributor if it is OEM!
Save some potential grief, 3rd party distributors are hit and miss. 90% will run the car, Id guess less than 40% offer an OEM performance.

Yank the cap and rotor off, pull the ignition coil, and test primary and secondary resistances. IF they are way off, easy peazy.
You can test if its bad only during heat soak, by using a heat gun on low, and soaking the coil CAREFULLY to warm it up, and retest.

Dont even need exact specs, just measure before and after, and see if there is a problem.
ignition control module, in my eyes, is usually the culprit.

Ignition control module is very common, simply find a Denso branded unit from rockauto, if the coil tests out.

You can do the ehat test with the ignition control module as well. Warm it up, put the distributor back together, and run the car. If it immediately doesnt want to rev properly (Id warm the engine up at aleast a little bit) you have the answer

Reactions: Steveciano
1 - 12 of 12 Posts