·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a used greddy kit and it came with
-greddy manifold
-greddy turbo w/ internal wastegate, SMALL AS HELL =P
-custom made chargepipes w/ BOV flange on there and BOV connected
-intercooler from some car i have no clue, he doesn't either, he bought the kit used
-downpipe w/ o2 sensor bung

STUFF I STILL NEED
-FMU
-missing link
-450cc DSM bluetop injectors w/ resistor box
-engine management, probably used hondata s200b
-bigger exhaust, 2.25" or 2.5" maybe?
-test pipe w/ stock heat shields welded on
-tap oil pan
-boost guage, a/f ratio guage, oil pressure guage

now i tried to put the kit together today just to see how it looks, not planning on putting it on yet, still need some stuff, and i take a look at the downpipe, there's no Greddy stamped on it anywhere, like the manifold + turbo, and it's TINY as hell...i measured the inside diameter, and it's like 2 INCHES!!!

i'm thinking this is extremely small, but my turbo is also pretty small..so i think i can use this setup. how big of an exhaust should i go? this will be a daily driver on the stock 6-7 psi of boost or whatever is set from Greddy

also, the piping on it looks DIY to hell, when i put the chargepipe next to the throttle body, it doesn't even look like it'll fit, it looks like it hits the distributor and if i move it over a bit, it doesn't look flush with the throttle body...SUPPOSEDLY THE KIT WAS REMOVED FROM AN EJ1, SAME CAR + ENGINE AS MINE

do you guys think the downpipe is too small? should i get 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust with a magnaflow oval mufffler? should i just get new piping kit and cut them myself? how would i take the blow off valve from the existing piping and put it on the new ones?

i'll try to get a picture of the setup whenever i can, i do not have my digicam with me right now

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i've heard of replacing the greddy downpipe with an upgraded one. I think kteller.com has one... maybe they are small to begin with.

Why don't you take a look at a stock Greddy kit picture and compare the charge piping? Maybe the previous owner was in a wreck and had to replace his charge pipes :)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
he is correct kteller.com has a SWEEEEET Stainless Steel 2.5 inch dp for the greddy 15g kit, its 190 shipped with the O2 sensor bung, I should know I just ordered it! HA! ;)

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
maybe the previous owner had a y8 manifold. i found out last night the hard way (on mine), that the TB placement is off and that i'm gonna need a longer coupler:beer:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so are you saying i can get away with hondata s200b and not run FMU or missing link? i can just throw on the DSM 450cc injectors + resistor box and i'm done with that part?

i'm planning on running test pipe and having my stock heatshields welded on just incase, and running a 2.5" exhaust with a resonator, so maybe i should just go full 2.5" downpipe and scrap this 2" one...now i gotta find one that mates up with the Greddy turbo exhaust side...the thing connecting it has 3 bolts

also, would there be any downsides or gains to running uberdata compared to hondata s200b? i know hondata is more popular and they said it's a bit better..but if i'm on a budget, can i get a pretty decent tune out of uberdata until i save up enough for hondata? and whats the deal with getting uberdata? just chip my ecu for it and download and tune from a laptop? are there any recommendations for tuners around the bay area that does either uberdata or hondata?

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
i have a greddy kit on my car as well. i didnt use any of the charge piping since i went with a jrc intercooler. yes the greddy dp is small as hell. it is 2" I plan on ordering a larger one up here in the next few weeks. it is good for power though, my friend laid down 250hp and 251ft lbs with the greddy kit on a d16z6 with the stock greddy dp. another thing to do to free up a little power that I took notice of on my kit is this. you might want to get in the manifold and polish the casting flash off, there is some power to be gained there since greddy did a messy job. i have a 2.5" exhaust with a magnaflow oval muffler and it sounds awesome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mrnicolas said:
i have a greddy kit on my car as well. i didnt use any of the charge piping since i went with a jrc intercooler. yes the greddy dp is small as hell. it is 2" I plan on ordering a larger one up here in the next few weeks. it is good for power though, my friend laid down 250hp and 251ft lbs with the greddy kit on a d16z6 with the stock greddy dp. another thing to do to free up a little power that I took notice of on my kit is this. you might want to get in the manifold and polish the casting flash off, there is some power to be gained there since greddy did a messy job. i have a 2.5" exhaust with a magnaflow oval muffler and it sounds awesome.
so how did you mate the 2" downpipe with the 2.5" exhaust? i'm looking for something that's as quiet as possible without too much restriction, since i dont want to attract attention in california =P

what kind of cat converter are you using? any resonators? got a shot of your exhaust setup where the downpipe meets the cat and where the cat meets the exhaust?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts