Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1996 EK sedan for $1200. I have mo papers for any work done on the motor. It's consistently had a misfire since I got it. New plugs, wires and dizzy. I figured it was an internal problem with the rings letting oil get into the combustion chamber or something. Also, I seem to lose power at 1.5krpm then it picks up at about 4k. I was checking the plugs I put in it after a few months and they were filed and needed new ones. But cyl 4 has tons of oil in it. I have a new valve cover gasket that's hopefully going in today. Also my PVC valve hose is constantly flattened while the car is running and I'm sure the valve itself is bad too. (I just figured out that the collapsed hose (PVC) was tonight so don't hate on me) well with all of those problems existing taking away from the power the car still "chirps" going into 2nd gear in the rain. There's no chirp sound because of rain obviously but it still baffles me that it can do that. Any idea? I should also mention that it's an ex car with a y7 but y8 manifild.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

If you guys think I'm dumb or something for asking please tell and I'll remove the post

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,187 Posts
how are we gonna tell you if the INSIDE of the engine is built with what you've told us? did you pull the oil pan? did you yank the head and look at the pistons? have you done a compression test or leak down test?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Compression test would be the biggest indicator, but like Slo said, it's impossible for us to tell you anything because you haven't really told us anything. Based on what you're saying, I would assume not. There are so many contributing factors to why the car is chirping in 2nd. My EM2 chirps going into second if you dump the clutch between shifts (while flooring it), and that's a stock engine with 210k miles. You could also just have super shitty tires that would break loose without any issues.

Also, that car better be absolutely mint, or you got ripped off.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
511 Posts
Chirping the tires is a poor indicator of performance lol. It says more about your flywheel weight, clutch health and tire choice than anything else.

Average tires, stock flywheel and a stock clutch you can chirp tires all day between 1st and 2nd on pretty much any Honda vehicle with a manual. Heck, in the rain you should even be able to do a semi-continuous one wheel wonder in 1st with your Y7!

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
392 Posts
When you write that cyl 4 has oil in it, do you mean that the plug is very wet? If so, the plug sealing O ring is missing or not doing its job. You should have 4 replacements in the cam cover gasket set.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,187 Posts
dude came, made 3 posts within like 10 minutes of each other and went ghost.....wonder if he thought this was facebook

1 - 8 of 8 Posts