Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm goin to get my motor up to 200-300 hp. i'm a muscle truck guy and i'm tryin to learn a thing or to about tuning. but i know that when you add a lot of hp to a motor you have to do work on the tranny. i was just making sure it worked the same way. and what i should do. right now i have a d16za motor.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
ok i'm goin to get my motor up to 200-300 hp. i'm a muscle truck guy and i'm tryin to learn a thing or to about tuning. but i know that when you add a lot of hp to a motor you have to do work on the tranny. i was just making sure it worked the same way. and what i should do. right now i have a d16za motor.
huh

search just search

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
1) depends on your goals and where you plan on laying that HP down to the asphlat. What do YOU consider a muscle truck?

2) hatchkid96, shrink the sig pic please......

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
first thing you need to do is read all the forced induction posts. its the only way youll make 2-300hp. our trannys can usually hold up fairly well with boost.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1) depends on your goals and where you plan on laying that HP down to the asphlat. What do YOU consider a muscle truck?

2) hatchkid96, shrink the sig pic please......
i have a 1968 chevy c10 with a 454 with a supercharger on it. i had to get a lot of work done to my tranny to handle it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
welcome to honda, where quality parts are first. your dealing with REAL cars now. ive worked on enough gm to just hate them. find a free honda/ acura service manual online and look through it. youll be surprised at how much better things honda comes stock with hondas than whats on a gm top model. no offense to anybody on here but if you want to make some serious numbers, get an h22. you get 200hp stock. but if you want to know more info about that just pm me or something.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
i have a 1968 chevy c10 with a 454 with a supercharger on it. i had to get a lot of work done to my tranny to handle it.
how loose in the vert??????

TH400 will handle alot better with a loose vert, but with a 8-71 a 2600-3200 stall will flash to 3500-4000 ASSUMING you get the power planted!!!!!

502 + 8-71 = 11.2 @ 70 mph and no cage, 9 second if run out the whole 1/4 mile.

Back to D-series trannys, our's are quite strong if you do two things.

1) LSD, OBX is the cheapest and proven
2) soft clutch or preload at launch, avoid high shock loads same with any tranny.

While it's no Muncie M-22 Rockcrusher, it will handle quite amount of abuse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts