Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo everyone, I took a search, but couldnt fine positive anwser, maybe thats because I just woke up :) dont know :D

So, the question I have here is - does d15 and d16 clutches are the same size etc? can I bolt up d15 clutch to D16 and vice versa?

Cause, I'm feeling my stock clutch is worn out, I'm thinking of getting one from ebay - either Exedy OEM, or F1 stg3, stg3 cause its just 15$ more then stg2 ;) and if someday I will want to sell it for some money, there will be a chance to sell it to some budget boost guy in my country ;) Now I have d15b2/d16z6 mini me, but maybe someday I will build d16 and I want that clutch and flywheel to fit! ohh, and, does exedy/F1 clutch will bolt on stock flywheel?

So, how do you guys think, which would be better for my DD Mini Me application? and maybe some day D16...?

Ok, thank you for your time and replies.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Yknow i was going to make a smart ass remark like "Nope wont fit since the bolt pattern on the flywheels are different just like the size of the main journals are different." but you said thanks at the end so ill say yeah they work just fine they all interchange.

·
Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
694 Posts
Yes they are interchangeable, but as far as selling a used clutch... good luck, i personaly dont know anyone that would ever buy a used clutch. or flywheel. Its like buying used brake rotors and pads, one of those things your just better off getting new for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
Lincoln Town Car
30 Posts
It is based more on year, which I found out at an inconvenient time myself. I was using a 90+ engine so I had to source a 90+ pressure plate to fit the flywheel. I re-used my almost new 89 clutch for my swap. Looks like you're running newer stuff than me though so less headaches haha

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
88/89 clutches are different from 90-00.

so as long as you stay within the guidelines of those two year breaks they interchange 100%.

in fact, you can run a D17 01-05 clutch on any 90-00 flywheel/motor. just the TOB wont work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts