Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes don't work well at all. I never really realized until i get in my other civics and my brakes work amazing.

I replaced the rotors and pads and it helped a little but still the pedal takes a while to engage the brakes(yes i have bled the system, with the traditional method and with a vaccum pump), and the car needs way more pedal pressure to get the same amount of braking force that i get on my other DD civic.

Question: The other day my friend asked if i had a check valve on my brake booster to protect it from boost. I said i have no idea...but sounds reasonable that the brake booster shouldnt see 25psi :S

please weigh in if you have any insight on this! I need brakes!! 350whp and not being able to stop is not the best idea in the world.

·
Registered
841 Posts
any leaks any where on the brake lines? hoses pinched? look over it all again..nvr heard any body have a problem like this cuz there boosted

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't think i have a check valve...thats the thing im asking...do i need one going in to the brake booster...???
it may have gotten removed when i first did theturbo install like 4 years ago.

·
Registered
Jeep wrangler DD
225 Posts
On 96-00 civics the check valve is inside the vacuum line. If you have replaced the line to the booster, then you most likely need a check valve.

·
Registered
Jeep wrangler DD
225 Posts
No shit? I never knew that. Doesn't seem like a honda-ish thing to do.
yep. If I were at home, I'd take a pic. I snagged one from the junkyard when I was tucking my bay because it looked better than having the big check valve on there. Pic soon

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i def didn't know that. Because i looked and didn't see any check valve, i'll have to take the line off and see.
So answer in short is...yes boost can hurt brake booster...otherwise there wouldnt be a check valve there. correct....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts