Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you older guys will know who made it... Story behind it coming next.

Reactions: krychek57

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not talking about the timing NOOB... Like I said, the older guys will know who MADE this......

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found this on ebay. I have been looking for one for a few years now. It is a "JG" Camgear. One of the first ones made for the SOHC's back in the early 90's. It is made from the factory camgear. The first run of these c/g's were made at "Bensens" in Huntington Beach. This is one of them. Even more strange than that, when Javier(JG) gave me this one(1992), I scribed my name on the back side of it. "MADMOOD"(my old Honda-tech screen name.
Never in a million years would I think that I would ever see it again. Well it came in the mail on Saturday and I almost pissed my pants. On the back side, had "MADMOOD" scribed in it. This is the cam gear that made Honda history. At the time Honda would not allow any company to copy their gears. Something about a patend or something.
Nice to have it back in my hands and my car.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And it came from back east. I remember giving it to a friend to use at the time (1994 i think) and he ended up getting the car stolen. So I wonder how many people had it and didnt really know what it was.lol The ones I had for the dohc slipped often. The sohc ones were a little more reliable.

Reactions: workinprog

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Set at stock for now. Gotta get the fuel system right first. These carbs actually need at least 8 psi for them to run correctly. right now as it looks from the new stainless header, I am only running on about 2 1/2 cylinders

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
it's a small world man, at least it back home in the right hands. :TU:

Reactions: SOHCinWA

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I still cant believe it really. I pop the hood on it everyday just to make sure i really have it back

Reactions: remoer
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.