Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see the power band of a vitara H beam rod combo and what this combo is capable with a GT28RS

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Looking to see the power band of a vitara H beam rod combo and what this combo is capable with a GT28RS
full boost at 4k even with a low comp 7.5:1 vitara build?
13 to 14 psi

what bore are you going to run?

7.5:1 vitaras, with 14psi on a D, isnt going to make huge power, I would expect around 250whp.... Unless you're running C16, or some other crazy fuel...

DO you have a power goal? or are you more worried about responsiveness?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

7.5:1 vitaras, with 14psi on a D, isnt going to make huge power, I would expect around 250whp.... Unless you're running C16, or some other crazy fuel...

Mostly worried with the responsiveness..and I would like to hit 300 whp with the same responsiveness as the straight T3 50 trim turbo I have right now...

And as well, take advantage of the reliability benefits of a ball bearing turbo

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

75.5mm bore

·
Registered
610 Posts
IIRC, Stoner guy from Norway has a Disco Potato.

Have you tried the Evan's Tuning Dyno Archives?

I was running a gt28r aka gt2560r last season. D16Z6 with custom length i-beam rods, vitara's, cast mani, int wastegate, stock head, 2.5" exhaust.

Within a couple months I'll have a graph of the same D16z6 running a gt28rs with a .48AR t3 turbine housing. But it will have milled and ported head, bisi 2.4 cam, miniram, ext wastegate and 3" exhaust.

Here's the graph of the gt28r @ ~15psi. I had a slight leak at the int wastegate, so I actually had 15psi @3500rpm when I fixed it... I'm sure it could have squeesed a bit more out of it, but the torque curve started to taper off pretty badly, and I didnt want to end up having a powerband like a VAG (eeeewww). It was a GREAT turbo, awesome responce! But I think (and hope) the gt28rs with a small turbine is even better :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.