Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help tell me what this could be, in neutral i can hear a knocking noise its not that loud just irritating but when i put the clutch in it sounds normal? i had this in my last civic so i had the clutch changed but it still was there the bloke told me it was the clutch release bearing but i think it was more gearbox than clutch that was making the noise?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah this isn`t normal it should be quiet, its like a clicking/knocking but only in neutral with the clutch out, i don`t hear it when i am in gear and moving, i have been wanting to get a new gearbox for a while now so i think i`ll just do that.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
might be early signs of a ISB (input shaft bearing) wearing out. It might be making noise in 1st and 2nd, just you can't here it over the eninge noise.......

YET.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think it might just be the clutch release bearing as i don`t hear it in 1st or 2nd but i will get that ISB checked as well just in case, cheers for the help, also regarding the tranny i have read that you are running d15b7 using various parts of other trannys (92-95 ex, zc 3rd 4th, crx si 5th) sounds like alot of work! i am not tech minded enough to do this myself so could i just stick a si tranny in my b7 and be done?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much more fun factor has all that given, where have you gained? on acceleration or just all round performance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts