93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'll likely take pics of the pages of the log books with my notes for these runs and recycle it. I'll never do enough drag racing to fill it. Lol!

This is what it looks like:

If that link works, you'll see I even saved the stub from each event I attended. Lol! I'm to much of a pack rat at times.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I don't keep enough noted, I need to, and will. Good idea for the quick reference back how ever long with out racking my (whatever you like ) addled brain.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I have a stack a few thousand time slips tall. Lol... never did the log book thing.

But i do carefully organize my datalogs so I guess thats sorta the same...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't keep enough noted, I need to, and will. Good idea for the quick reference back how ever long with out racking my (whatever you like ) addled brain.
I find that keeping a notebook around and actually writing stuff down helps me remember it better, and it helps more when I write stuff down and then transfer it to digital, as it is just another reinforcement of the info.

I keep all my time slips, but I do not keep up with all the parts that I buy. I don't really want to think about all the money I have in parts.
I am on a budget. I have to be. I am paying off debt as quickly as possible. I can't do everything. I have to focus on what is necessary. (Which is why the turbo kit reinstall is all hold. heh)

I have a stack a few thousand time slips tall. Lol... never did the log book thing.

But i do carefully organize my datalogs so I guess thats sorta the same...
Yeah, that is kinda the same, though I am still figuring out how to integrate the notes for each run. I HATE lots of text in spreadsheets. I may actually link to a separate sheet where I can add in whatever I'd like and it won't clutter up the first sheet.

Yes, I am weird like that . . .

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I keep all my time slips, but I do not keep up with all the parts that I buy. I don't really want to think about all the money I have in parts.
yeah, I used to have a very nice google doc spreadsheet of every penny I had in my turbo setup, but it got depressing once I hit the price of the whole damn car :(

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Corolla
272 Posts
I used to keep my timeslips, now I just scan them in on the copier.
Used to keep all my time slips, but the pile became to big. Then i just changed to important time trial runs. Just mark the important things (ie. humidity, DA, temp)

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
i never kept records but i do have my past timeslips and datalogs. For this test and tune this weekend im going to catagorize everything and keep timestamped datalogs for each race.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am on a budget. I have to be. I am paying off debt as quickly as possible. I can't do everything. I have to focus on what is necessary. (Which is why the turbo kit reinstall is all hold. heh)
I hear you on that, the only debt I have is to Snap-On. I eat Ramen noodles like every night so that I can have extra $ for car parts

1 - 20 of 29 Posts