Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eBay_Logo_Header.png spacer.gif spacer.gif spacer.gif spacer.gif spacer.gif spacer.gif spacer.gif spacer.gif
Dear XXXXX:

The voters have spoken. The current lame duck Congress will soon end their work, and come January, a new Congress will take on the challenges facing the nation.

Unfortunately, there is a last-minute effort underway to rush an Internet sales tax bill—a bill that fails to protect small businesses like yours—into law. If you oppose this lame duck Congress passing this last-minute Internet sales tax bill, the time to let your members of Congress know is now.

Making your voice heard is easy—click here to contact your members of Congress. Together, we can make a difference.

Sincerely,

Tod Cohen
Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Government Relations
eBay Inc.

Get this, so if you sell on the internet your going to have to pay taxes, if you buy on the internet your stuff will now cost you more because that cost will be transfered to you. Don't think that this can be tracked? All internet sales have to go through goggle wallet, paypal, or similar service, the system is already in place thereby making this easily enforceable. The government does not have it's own money, IT HAS YOUR MONEY! And when they don't have to be accountable to it's budget like you and I do you end up with this:
"Federal employees who are issued so-called purchase cards are permitted to spend up to $3,000 — known as “micropurchases” — and do not have to disclose those purchases publicly.
A House Oversight subcommittee held a congressional hearing earlier this month on misuses of the government credit card, asking why federal employees were swiping the card for seemingly personal things like hair cuts, gym memberships and movie tickets."
Billions of tax dollars fall through the cracks on these micro purchase cards because of unacountability.
So the real question is Who knows how to spend your hard earned dollar best? You or the government? I reposted the ebay link below. Takes less than a minute to send a general letter to your members of congress.
Tell Your Members of Congress to Oppose Internet Sales Tax Legislation in the Lame Duck | eBay Inc. Main Street

·
Registered
359 Posts
Its just taxes, man. $7 on $100, just like everything else.

You didn't even mention the constitution and interstate commerce, which is where this issue arises.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
It happens already..

Ill purchase something which gets shipped from another state and ill pay tax on it from my state.

Problem is, people are working their ass off to pay bills and have no time to take a look at the congressional bullshit and make their voice be heard. So shit like this passes and we all hate it, but by then its too late to do anything about it.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I hate the govt in its current form. Always trying to get every piece of the pie. Twice if they can. They tax my income then tax it again when I spend income already taxed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts