Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've heard people going a step colder, and then other ways, what is the best way to go to introduce your car too boost, ngk? zex plugs? I also have a msd 6A box in my car if that makes a difference.

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
yes they do

u need a spark plug that is 1 or 2 steps colder, reason being is that if they arent colder then they will get too hot and either A) melt down B) cause detonation or C) both

E

·
0 Posts
Definitely run colder plugs, 1 or 2 degrees cooler depending on your boost levels. Also you should close the gap on the plugs otherwise you will probably start blowing out the spark. I'd gap them down to about .030 or so. My friends with boosted Honda's run Autolite or NGK plugs. Stock ignition on the Honda is pretty good, but since you've already got the MSD might as well keep running it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i was thinkin of gettin rid of the msd, so where do i look for these colder plugs, does checker or liek autozone carry em?

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
napa auto is where i'd look first... in the FI sticky on top theres a code sheet for the NGK spark plugs. i think thats where it is...

NGK > all other spark plugs hands down, and im not the only person to say so.....

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
ryan89crx said:
ive been running stock plugs since i boosted over 6k ago, lol.

maybe its time to go to the 2 step colder :p
YES it is... you should notice a difference immediately

and go with the NGK FTW!!

E

·
0 Posts
NGK are great plugs. Don't run Platinum plugs, stick with the basic copper plugs and just change them every so often (every 1 or 2 oil changes).

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
ryan89crx said:
are those 2 step colder v-powers? ive been looking for the part # on those
if i remember right, yes they are 2 steps colder. i have ran them with both the jrsc and the greddy turbo. awesome plugs. they are about $2.19 each through Napa.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
NGK is what I've always run. BCPR7ES is the part number for one step colder, but not v-power.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
EJ1All-Star said:
yah i'm gonna get the ngks's good lookin out levi

no problem!

just remember to keep the gap nice and tight :lol: you wont be running .0044 gap like you would with stock plugs.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
SOHC_Rules said:
yes they do

u need a spark plug that is 1 or 2 steps colder, reason being is that if they arent colder then they will get too hot and either A) melt down B) cause detonation or C) both
hes got it....

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm running the NGK iridium's . Havn't changed them yet and running on stock gap. Should i close the gap in pushing the s/c up to 9 soon? plugs only have like 4 or 5 k on them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts