Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im going to be upgrading my valve train for a new cam. Im thinking about grabbing the bisi 2.4 lvl cam as well as new springs and retainers. Was curious if i should get valves as well or will the stocks ones work?? If i have to get valves, how do you guys feel about super tech. FYI im running 15g @ 11.2psi. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Stock ones will be fine as long as they are in good shape. Check for wear per oem specs. A valve job cant hurt tho.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
stock valves are fine for that set up
oversized for some added performance if you want or have the $ to spend
supertech makes great products

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
What kind of power are you looking to make with it ? Hard to say but my first answer would be yes, it would be wise to spend money on valves. Supertech valves are just fine.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My current valves have three angle cut on them. I was not planning on going oversized valves, so maybe spend the money on an intake mani or TB or something? Currently stock intake mani and TB. Also looking for about 300 Whp. Im at 190hp and 171tq.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
stock will be fine. il be doing 400-450 on stock valves.
i would spend your money on other supportting stuff like you said intake and TB. stock ones will hold you back a bit. you can make the power with them but it will make it much easier with upgraded ones.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
if u want a lighter valve train then valves might be a good idea...

but i spin my drag D to 9400rpm and i am on stock valves with an aftermarket 3 angle valve job. no issues here!

·
Registered
39 Posts
im gonna rev mine to 7800 fully stock head...i say if u want 300whp EASY then upgrade the turbo setup and build the block...

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
862 Posts
I don't really think that valves are really worth it if your not going over 9k or trying to push 500hp. Spend the money on a port and polish or buy the tools, do a shit load of research and diy the p&p!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
You cant make this call till you inpsect the condition of the valves.
If its got a lota miles on it. Expect them to be in a bad way.
Brings up a good point, how you going to remove the valves and inspect them ? Most of the valves I see on these older motors are not perfect and do leak slightly, will you be pressure testing the head ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts