its for a 300whp turbo build.....not the one in my sig

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you explain further.

ive seen tons of turbo setups here on d-series, and most of them have no aftermarket fpr's on them.

yet some say you definately need them.

thanks

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
an fpr is a band aid for bad/lazy tuning..... ie rather that adjusting fuel pulse rate/duration and injector duty cycle, they might raise the psi one or two pounds and get ''close enough''

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Actually that's not entirely true, what if he ends up with to high of fuel pressure and needs to bring it down? I'd at least put a guage on it after you install the pump to see what your pressure is at. To high and the injectors will spray way to much fuel.

·
Registered
248 Posts
GL man... i never use em, but ive never had a bigger pump besides our drag car... im sure after all this u will know what u need to do, i ohnestly wouldnt worry about one as of right now i were u...

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With a 255lph you can only get so low in pressure. The lowest i could get mine was 44psi with the vacumme on. I dont think you need that big of a fuel pump for your setup if its what is in your sig.
im in the process of building a 300+whp turbo z6

i guess i need to say that in my sig......my bad

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
if you are building a 300WHP car....then a FPR isnt a bad idea now is it?

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you are building a 300WHP car....then a FPR isnt a bad idea now is it?
well, thats kind of the purpose of this thread.

ill tell you the answer after i get a few more replies on peoples expiriences

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow.. i ddnt know u were talking about a future setup B MORE CLEAR! ROFL!
yeah i should probably change the original post and say its for a 300whp turbo build

my bad

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
well I got one.... just so its easier for me tuner to tune my setup... hell you can get em pretty cheap off ebay.... if you really wanted one...

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i am running an AEM on my car. it serves two things to me.
1: eye candy
2: when i am nearing the max point on my 440s. ill bump up the pressure and get a few more horses out of them. then ill upgrade injectors.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i was just showing him that there are cheap ones. i personally have an aem. i think it is worth spending the extra money on this type of part. and you are right haysoos, it might be cheap now but could cost you a lot more down the road. do it right the first time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts