Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well now, I just saw the review on the Skunk2 UCA'a and I realized I never finished my review of this product. Having said that allow me to finish....

Complete kit - ZERO FITMENT ISSUES!!!!

I decided to go with DME for two main reasons. First, it utilizes a double plate locking system just like the Skunk2 and Buddy Club units. This means the clamping force is evenly distributed across the mounting surfaces eliminating sudden release of the ball joint slides. This was my biggest selling point for an "off brand" product. The adjustment sliders feature a low profile design and the bolts that clamp the slide plates together face down wards eliminating dents in my fenders. This is a complete kit, with new upper control arm bushings and hardware. I was also able to hold and look at the UCA before my purchase and I was pleased with the quality of work, and the solid welds.

Welds at the ball joint perch

Double plate lock system, here you can see both plates. (Arms currently on my car)

Bottom plate

Top Plate, low profile, no fender smacking, unless excessively dropped.

My second reason for choosing these arms over the "name" brand is the cost. I picked these up for $145 out the door. thats 25-30% cheaper than the Skunk2 units with almost identical mounting styles as Skunk2 and Buddy Club.

They have been installed on my car for 8 months. I immediately took my car in for an alignment after the new arms were put on, and I had my front camber set to -0.4*. After 7 months, I added a traction bar, went back for another alignment, and what do you know, my camber was still at -0.4*. I was super pleased with this. DME's parent company is NRG if that matters to anyone. All in all I am VERY pleased with this purchase and will consider their other products in the future.

Just as a side note: I daily this car, and it is driven hard, she is not a trailer queen.

If your in, around, or about Sacramento / Elk Grove and you want to purchase these, check out 1320 performance on Elk Grove Blvd. They have lots of goodies at a great price, the staff is friendly too. Please dont get mad that I gave them a shout out, I am NOT affiliated with them in any way, just trying to pass word of a good buy on to the D. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: As a side note, you can order the ball joint in case they go bad, so your not stuck buying a whole new arm

THIS IS WHY YOU GO DOUBLE PLATE LOCK!!!!
This was crap single plate and bolt style lock. Bolts pulled through on hard turn.

This is undamaged Blox arm, with only the single plate and bolt style lock.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
Good reveiw,

I know a lot of people are unfamilliar with the DME brand. Nice to hear they are working well for you.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Review finished with pics, bump.

·
Registered
94 dx hatch
385 Posts
Can you post a link to dme's site?

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
Does this place have a website? I can't seem to find anything DME besides LCA's on the webz.

I'd definitely be interested in scooping up a set, they look great and appear to function as advertised, always a plus.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Dood can has coilovers for Acc Rod!? NRG is a sweet company whose products won't break the bank but still offer what looks to be quality products!

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder how long the ball joints will last for
Have been on for approx 8 months, no sign of wear at all, boots not cracked or deformed. Also, the pics of the "dirty" arm are currently installed on my car pics taken a few days ago, so thats 8 months of hard DD.
Does this place have a website? I can't seem to find anything DME besides LCA's on the webz.

I'd definitely be interested in scooping up a set, they look great and appear to function as advertised, always a plus.
I posted a link to the website. Again NRG is parent company, and it appears that the only DME products available are these UCA's.

Dood can has coilovers for Acc Rod!?
Huh?

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Sorry bro was trying to be funny. They have coilovers for my 91 Accord.

·
Registered
m1165a2 HMMWV
61 Posts
Thanks. Shopping around for options. Never heard of these till I was reading the skunk2 review.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Follow-up.

NRG was sued by Skunk2 for copyright violation with those arms. So DME arms now are single plate and bolt lock style.....

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
Wow. Skunk2 should just sue everyone that makes valve springs too.

Since they're the first to do everything. :3dtard:

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Skunk2 didn't even make their UCA's at first, Wicked Tuning originally made them and did the R&D for the design...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like DME changed their design... or their website has outdated pics. WHich is current?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Those DME's look like HardRace's design.

Dood can has coilovers for Acc Rod!? NRG is a sweet company whose products won't break the bank but still offer what looks to be quality products!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Those DME's look like HardRace's design.

The mounting for the ball joints are different on the hardrace arms. They use a bigger 4 bolt. Hardrace arms look exactly the same as a lot on ebay. I got some and put some hardrace balljoints on them. Works perfectly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts