Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sry guys i have to type on my phone like a text message sry. ok i have an 88 crx hf. We put a brand new d16a6 in it and i also put a garrett t3 t4 turbo kit on the motor. Yesterday i got my ecu back from xenocron that has a base map set to run my d16a6 with my turbo kit to run around 8 lbs of boost with dsm 450 injectors. i fixed the o ring problem thanks by the way i used the drimal it worked good no leak. ok so now i have the motor turboed, dsm 450s and the ecu with base map and now when i crank it up it idles around 1500 but when i hit the gas it is real slugesh and kinda sounds like its running rich. so what should i do now? when i had the stock injectors and ceu in the car it ran almost perfect but i didnt drive it much or take it past 300o rpm just cuz i new it needed an ecu and bigger injectors to lessen the chance of blowing it. i just thought i should add that. also im using the stock injector box do i need to change that or is it fine.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Sounds like you are running the stock resistor box. You're fine.

I think you have a tuning problem. Make sure you're fuel filter is flowing ok .
Blow back through with with the lines unhooked using shop air of put a new filter on there.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do you have a resistor box wired in? Did you install one with the dsm injectors? If you out stock injectors and ecu in, you are perfectly fine to drive the car. Just dont get in to boost and you wont hurt anything. If you started the car with dsm injectors and no resistor box, the ecu may be trash now. I have seen that happen many times.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool well what resister box or injector box do u think i need to get if you no of one i might be able to grab one at a junk yard or somethin. and i took it just up the street and actually it ran really good and everything i mean a little off but it felt like it had good power and became a lot more resonsive. idk maybe the ecu and car just needed to get driven a little idk what do u think?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
guys, he has a 88 HF crx... it comes with a resistor box. if he took it out i highly doubt seeing the car run any kind of halfway decent.

as stated before in the Engine Management section, a Basemap is ONLY to start the car and check for leaks... but yes you can drive the car in the surrounding area that your car is in to load, unload and drive onto the dyno. they ARE NOT meant to be driven around on the street for a extended period of time like a tune.

take your car to a REPUTABLE tuner, not just a buddy of yours that can push buttons and kinda tune a car, but someone who knows exactly what they are doing. get the car tuned and you should be perfectly fine. also are you running a stock fuel pump? or a Walbro 255 fuel pump? if you dont have a Walbro intake fuel pump then i HIGHLY recommend getting one, they are $100 bucks and they are worth it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok man thank u and no im not going to be driving the car at all . And i live in columbia sc does anyone no a good tuner that can tune a obdo xenocron ecu i think its turbo edit software

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
only tuner i know in SC tunes mustangs at pro-dyno... call RLZ in NC, they do some badass shit but idk what all their services are.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ok also do u think I could drive the car if I had to as long as I babyed it?
i personally would tow it. there isnt a reason to risk your motor to get it to the tuner and end up spending more money than a simple tow dolly from U-haul on a new motor.

and like asked above me, is your fuel pump up to par? aka walbro 255... never recommend boosting on a stock pump

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I guess that my pump is probably the stock one so it probably isn't up to par. But cool man u have helped out a lot thanks

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
walbro 255, $100. only bad part about your car is that you have to drop the tank... good part about your car, its not that hard at all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I called rlp in ashville nc and he said he could do I he just said that he starts at 400 and if I needed more parts than of couse it would be more expensive

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
you talking about RLZ? i see that to be a fair price from RLZ, and they are a good shop and will give you a good tune.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts