Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the distributer cap, rotor and plug wires and when i tried to take the screw off the rotor it stripped the head. Please anyone that can help me as to what to do next its much appreciated.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the info on the driver was really helpfull and i tried the hammer trick but it just got worse, i have a feeling im going to have to take it to a mechanic.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trust me i dont wnat to take anything to the mechanic. everything that is on my car was done by me and only me but i dont have the tools to remove a screw with a stripped head and i dont even know where else to look.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not a problem of getting it in the hole because i had perfect access to it. it just seemed like the metal of the screw itself was to soft or they torqued it in to hard.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its still sunk in i tried with pliers but no go.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh man i dont know my car is my daily driver and i need it to get to work and back how safe would this be

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
I've only ever change one rotor, had to break the rotor apart then use vise grips on the screw.

That was 1998?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
spray pb blaster on it and let it soak. then come at it with needle nose vice grips.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts