Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i a runing a b7 dizzy on a y8 head will the motor run better if a put a y8 dizzy on it

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
It isn't the same. so you're running obd1? the ecu and the dizzy have to match. I thought obd1 was 22? teeth and the obd0 and obd2 are less.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
I'm pretty sure it'll run the same.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work. Difference in OBD wiring and pick-ups inside the distributor itself. Hence why I have a y7 in my 93 Del Sol using a z6 distributor.

You cold maybe try adjusting the timing a little bit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a obd1 d15b7 non vtec dizzy i know i will have rewire y8 dizzy
but will the car run better with a vtec dizzy from a 2000 ex

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
It would run better with a rebuilt one that fits. I can't see any small HP gain you may get being worth the re-wiring you have to do.

Sorry I just like to keep things simple.

·
Registered
431 Posts
im running the b7 dizzy on my a6/y8 motor in my 92 civic. no problems, and runs great. its not worth it to switch to the y8 dizzy

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
im running the b7 dizzy on my a6/y8 motor in my 92 civic. no problems, and runs great. its not worth it to switch to the y8 dizzy
So you're running obd1 right? I'm obd0 right now and need to pick up a d15b7 dizzy to convert over to obd1. Then b7 is supposed to bolt right up with no mods on a a6/y8 combo.

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work. Difference in OBD wiring and pick-ups inside the distributor itself. Hence why I have a y7 in my 93 Del Sol using a z6 distributor.

You cold maybe try adjusting the timing a little bit
what i meant was that one doesn't perform better than another. and of course some dizzy's are OBD specific

1 - 11 of 11 Posts