Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
soo boys and girls, get out your spoons please

im selling a long time member on here an y8 lma holder, he also needs a y8 dizzy, his car is a 99, the dizzy i have is a 98 y7 dizzy, will that work for him? i think i recall somthing about the 99-00 haveing a different tach wire. i donno and im busy tonight but he need this stuff shiped in the morning if it will work.

you will see the member if you look in the wtb section, if this dizzy dont work and you have a 99-00 y8 dizzy, message him please

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i dont have time i was just trying to help him. i send him the link to this thread hope he looks lolo. thanks man

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Thank you fellas and thanks Evanguy for posting this.

...But i must explain myself a little better. The engine is a 99 and it's into a 93 civic body. I been using my D15B7 dizzy for 1.5 years until recently it had an issue. I found the dizzy shaft that connect to the cam broke off at both sides.

Back track 1.5 years ago, i was able to use the b7 dizzy but only allowed it to work because the one end "tang" that connects to the cam broke off because i force it in. Eventually and recently the other side broke off as well.

But having 3 civics didn't stop me, i have another b7 dizzy off my other civic. I started to mount it in and i had the same issue, this time i did not force it in and just decided to get the correct dizzy for this engine.

So here we are, for those who thinks that b7 will work "technically" it will but you will encounter some issue like mine. Since i'm having my little brother drive this car and i am an hour away for peace of mine putting the correct dizzy that i hope will not give me any more issues.

thank you fellas, Evanguy i will PM you in a bit need to get back to work.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
The B7 works 100% and since you are OBD1 it is 100% the right one to use. If it don't go in one way then turn the gear 180 and it'll go right in.

The "slot" in the cam is off set, so there is only one way for the dizzy gear to go in.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,204 Posts
/\ what he said d15b7 dizzy is 100% bolt on to your y8 head,it should not have to be forced in ....unless its a virgin .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts