Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see i know have a new ignition system and was wondering does any one know of a way to cover the hole left when you remove the dizzy.
It looks horrid just sticking out with nothing connected. is there any aftermarket parts or has any one else had this problem.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
what did you change you ign system to to get rid of the distributor?

the only thing ive seen are the ignition control modules from aem but it looks like you have something different.

maybe hit up a machine shop and see if they can cut you one to match you dist cap?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a stand alone ecu running the whole engine map fuel asweel as ignition the ecu is a omex 600

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
It has a stand alone ecu running the whole engine map fuel asweel as ignition the ecu is a omex 600
Very impressive! Not many go to all that trouble. Anyhow, not sure what you mean by "hole"? But if you remove the factory dizzy from the factory head, do you mean the hole that's left open at that point? How about a cam cap? S2 and others make them...

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
humm what was the point in that system you have if the engine is bone stock? just wondering

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
i was just going to say d17 plug too. i am sure that it is much cheaper then the $30 skunk2 one. but that one is really cool looking

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know was a big cahnge but car was failing emiisions due to worn carbs and in uk honda wanted more than 900 pounds stirling thats about 1700 dollors just fornew carbs. So thought what the hell and changed it to fuel injection. Now i have a excellent base to work from.

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Get a new pic. I want 2 see the whole bay

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
I know was a big cahnge but car was failing emiisions due to worn carbs and in uk honda wanted more than 900 pounds stirling thats about 1700 dollors just fornew carbs. So thought what the hell and changed it to fuel injection. Now i have a excellent base to work from.

I have a set of carbs from a 1.6 just laying around! You could have had them for the cost of shipping!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was looking a getting a set of used but here in the uk harder and harder to find any one willing to go near them. Especialy since they were those ecu controlled keihns. I also looked in to maybe a webber setup. Now that its got a decent ecu and fuel injection system its going to be easier to tune every time i add something new.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have the Skunk2 cam seal and it fits perfect into all D-series heads I have!
Reason I got is was exactly the same as OP 8)

Skunk2 was both the cheapest ($21 at TunerToys) and best-looking I found :TU:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts