Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 92 civic hatch's distributor is leakin and i just change the o ring on that thing and still leaking a little bit and the oil light is on!!:cussing: Please help me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its coming out from under but nowhere near the cap the dizzy still works fine but its comin out where the distributor connects to the engine and cams. it looks like i didn't bolt it in enough or something but i know i did but yea the engine light is on too!!

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
ok, there is your problem, were you messing around with it? take your dizzy out, and check for the rubber ring around the extension, that goes into the head. If that isnt there, thats the reason. and If that is the case, did a bolt come undone? there should be 3 bolts for the dizzy.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
sounds like the shaft is bent on the distributer. I had that happen at one point. Replaced 2 o rings until I swapped out the distributer. I think your engine light might be on for a seperate reason, go pull the code.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
CHECK YOUR OIL DIP STICK!!! If its really low, you better hope you didnt mess anything up

did the car start running hot?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, there is your problem, were you messing around with it? take your dizzy out, and check for the rubber ring around the extension, that goes into the head. If that isnt there, thats the reason. and If that is the case, did a bolt come undone? there should be 3 bolts for the dizzy.
ok like i checked it and there is one ruber o ring on the extension the goes connects to the cam. i just got that rubber on ring at the dealership too but is there suppose to be two rubber ring. also i could you tell if the extension rod on the dizzy is bent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no it has oil and everything i know that for sure but this motor is a motor i got for free to put in my shell but like the guy said it ran fine and the engine was alright it cranks and i got spark but i just got to redo the timmin it is off but i havent been able to take that stupid bolt out i twisted one of my wrench trying lol.STUPID BOLT

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
lol take it easy. Im sure this is your daily driver, but dont get mad lol. Take your time, If you have to get a bolt out set. I've ran a car with only 2 dizzy bolts. as for your timing, I think you can rent one from autozone

where are you located?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
u can call me man i got free minutes rite now but yeai havent used aim or msn in a long time it does move back and forth but it looks like its suppose to cus wen i spin it its ok. but u can move the very tip back and forth just a little. doesnt' seem like it is bent

1 - 16 of 16 Posts