Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so after makin some more power, and changing the coil on my distributor the car doesnt want to rev to 7200 on the dyno. the blue line is the current power revving to 6500, under it is the old power revvin to 7200. I want to know what distributor will work without chopping up the harness or buying adapters. Right now its a Y8 head with a Y7 distributor on a p28 tuned on neptune. PLEASE HELP GUYS
heres the power with my old power under it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it acts as if its a redline. the tach goes a little crazy and says that im at 7200, but the dyno clearly shows 6500. same dyno was used all the time
changed the coil recently becuase i was losing signal due to a bad one

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
try another dizzy, it will prolly go away.

ive had the same problem before and swapping out the dizzy fixed it right up. coulda been any one of the sensors in there. it also mighta been the timing.. not sure. i just know swapping the dizzy fixed it :)

there you go, bone said coil, chances are he is right. it happens quite often. :D

check resistance on the coil to verify. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
weak coil, any CEL's?

What are your plugs gapped at?
no cell's and i just got a new coil, the plugs are the ngk 4644 gapped at 20. we saw the more it gapped the more power it made. so the dizzy wasnt giving enough spark or something was happening.

try another dizzy, it will prolly go away.

ive had the same problem before and swapping out the dizzy fixed it right up. coulda been any one of the sensors in there. it also mighta been the timing.. not sure. i just know swapping the dizzy fixed it :)

there you go, bone said coil, chances are he is right. it happens quite often. :D

check resistance on the coil to verify. :)
ima check the resistance and see whats up. im getting another dizzy tomorrow, and ill see if that works. What dizzy's can i use?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Check to make sure you didn't accidentally change the rev limit to 6500

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rev limit is still the same, i need to know what dizzy i can use on my y8 head so i can look for some,
thanks for the help so far

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
i believe your going to have to use any dizzy from a obd2 car... the offset of the holes are different in obd1...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so i got a new distributor
completely new, and now the car revs to 6800 now and does the
same thing, what else could it be that causes it to lose signal and act as
it hits a ingnition cut. im tuned on neptune btw

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
boost cut, fuel cut or rev limiter set in the program?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its on neptune, its either a fuel cut coming in or like a random rev limiter
also acts as a ignition cut. ima have the tuner look at it friday morning
hopefully we figure this out since this is killing me on gearing/power

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
it could also be a full throttle shift setting ive had that happen before i set my 2 step at 4500 set my rev limit and full throttle shift at 7200

also any non vtec distributor from 92-00 will work for a y8 head just get one that matches your plug if its obd1 with 2 connectors get any non vtec dizzy if its obd2 get any dizzy they're all teh same

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i got a brand new dizzy in fine, yea ima check the FTS tomorrow and hope thats the issue. Becuase 6500 is the rpm it holds on when its activated. and its acting like the same thing

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
its in the tuning program.. and you dont need the plugs gapped at .020.. try around .028

1 - 20 of 22 Posts