Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was sick and tired of having these faded ugly wiper arms on the ITR so I decided to refinish them. Previous owner was SOOOO JDM west coast style that they were not used.

Here is a write up of what I did:

-Removed wiper arms- 14mm

the OEM finish was done

-Sand down the arms to bare metal, but dont forget hinge the arm and sand in the joint space also.

-Clean off the sanded arms: use a tack cloth or something that will remove the dust from sanding.

- I hung each wiper blade from a saw horse using thin metal wire and primered them. There is no real way to go about painting them while laying on a surface so I would strongly suggest hanging them in a similar fashion. Do each arm individually.

-Post primer I painted them using Duplicolor High Performance Wheel coating in Flat Black.

-After allowing it to dry enough to handle I removed each from the wire and gave the spot the wire touching a quick touch up blast of black.

-This how they look after completion:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

I pitted the newly refinished wiper arms against the bug sponge yesterday and they held up just fine

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
i did the same to me DA.

nice write-up. :TU:

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
nice write up.. may i suggest some clear or something to seal it with??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the nice comments...

nice write up.. may i suggest some clear or something to seal it with??

I dont see any need for clear. I chose the wheel paint because it gives a nice durable finish that is rock chip/heat resistance and similar to OEM color.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^Thanks!

I now have a can of the same stuff.. I really like the SEM trim paint., it worked well on my comptech lip. but its pricey

I have no complaints for how I did it, but when I redo the ones on my accord or GSR I will be using the trim paint to see the difference.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
wrinkle red would be the sooper-JDM way to do it ! :)

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
nice!!!
gotta do this now on my faded ed's wipers teh paints 20yrs old and getting flakey

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
if you ever spray new plastic make sure to scruff it first then lay down a coat of plastic adhesive promoter. SEM and a few other companies make it. our sibling shop sprayed a bumper without taking this step and you could peel the paint off like paper. mold release does not like paint eiter

1 - 20 of 46 Posts