Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off i feel kinda stupid starting a new thread to ask this but i was wondering if i made a windshield DIY would anyone be interested in it? The reason I'm asking is becase it requires some special tools to do that most people probably don't have. I do work at a glass shop and have replaced windshield before obviously so I know what I'm talking about besides my 98 civic needs a new windshield anyways.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
I would be interested. Not at this exact moment but in the near future, couple months. My 89 ef hatch has at least 3 cracks going across the windshield luckily none in my sightline and not illegal. It doesnt impair vision but looks shitty and will eventually be replaced

·
Registered
98 civic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well i will try to cut out the windshield with hand tools which are like $35 bucks on ebay. If i can't however i will have to use our equilizer which can be pricey for a DIY. that would be the only expensive tool tho.

·
Registered
88' honda civic
467 Posts
I would be interested. Not at this exact moment but in the near future, couple months. My 89 ef hatch has at least 3 cracks going across the windshield luckily none in my sightline and not illegal. It doesnt impair vision but looks shitty and will eventually be replaced
^^Me too, hook us up!!!

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
eh i have done this a few times on the 68. after the first nerve racking time its a cake walk

cut it out with a razor, wire wheel the old window weld off, clean evrything, apply bead of window weld, stick in place, reinstall trim.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i did my windshield and it sucks. i broke the strips that go up the side so i just filled the gap with silicone. i wouldnt do it my self ever again i dont think.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A DIY thread is always helpful no matter what. Personally as long as the local ecology is only charging $100 including parts and labor I'll just leave that job to them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts