Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who are wanting to vent your valve cover.Here are the steps.
I know 10secrex Did a DIY for this but I did mine a little different.
Stuff you need:
2 fittings(got mine at advanced)
JB Weld
Drill and bits
Tap set
Bolts(I used 5/16 allen head)
Locktight

Step 1
Remove the valve cover and drill out the rivets holding the baffle on the inside of the valve cover.Clean Shavings off of surface.

Step 2
Remove the valve cover baffle and designate your points for drilling. Drill your 2 holes for your fittings and press them in. Clean surface
Step 3
Mix your jb weld and apply it to the back side of the fittings. Ensure that they are covered completely around. You can also apply it to the outside but it is not necessary.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Step 4
Drill and tap holes in underside of valve cover to remount the baffle.
Clean surface

Step 5
Reinstall Baffle using bolts of your choice.I used allen head bolts and also used locktight on them just to be safe.(I used bolts in all of the holes just took this pic in the process)
During this entire process ensure that you keep the shavings out of the valve cover. If you don't Once you reistall the baffle they will be stuck in there and will probably end up in your engine. I just used a blow gun the whole time. The only reason for removing the baffle is to ensure nothing is left in the valve cover after drilling. It is more time consuming but worth it in my opinion.

When Finished you will have something like this

Let Me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how does it vent if u cover the hole where u put the hex bolt down at?
Im not really sure what you mean. There are plenty of holes for the pressure to escape. I also drilled some holes in the baffle myself.
I only put the bolts where the rivets used to be.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
goodjob!!
Thanks bro, I wasn't trying to duplicate yours just wanted to show how to deal with that baffle. Thanks for the motivation to finally do this. I been meaning to for months.

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
96 Ej6 Hatch VSM
404 Posts
ok stupid question but i dont know

what exactly does this do? I have an idea what it might do hahah...

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
Think of it this way, you smack your fucking head on the pavement. Your brain has pressure on it from the blood. The doctors drill a hole in your head to drain the blood to keep your brain from shutting down.
smacking head = boost.
pressure from blood= slowing down moving assemblies.
hole in head= venting valve cover

·
Registered
113 Posts
Think of it this way, you smack your fucking head on the pavement. Your brain has pressure on it from the blood. The doctors drill a hole in your head to drain the blood to keep your brain from shutting down.
smacking head = boost.
LOL

·
Registered
96 Ej6 Hatch VSM
404 Posts
smacking head = boost.
can this be done on rather stock motor or what? :3dtard:

meaning i/h/e

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,215 Posts
smacking head = boost.
This is the best "think of it this way" I've ever read.

...good write up, by the way. If I were boosted, I'd be drilling
holes right now..

1 - 20 of 96 Posts