Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for people with rear disc swaps only!

I have read another 10.2 rear disc brake upgrade that utilizes the dc5/ep3 caliper holder only. This procedure uses the entire caliper with one catch. Left goes to the right and the right goes to the left. Using the left dc5/ep3 caliper on the right side of the Integra requires swapping of the hand-brake lever located on the caliper. I will get into details later. The swap also requires bleeding of calipers while they are uninstalled from the car since they are now upside-down.

Hardware:
Stock Integra with rear disc brakes
Complete rear calipers from from rsx, rsx-s, 02-05 civic Si (brackets/pads also, duh)
10.2 rear disc from 02-03 civic si.
Brake fluid, I used about a quarts worth.

Tools needed:
8, 10, 12, 14, 17mm sockets and wrenches, pliers

Steps:
1. Raise car and remove wheels. If you need a how to on this, God help you.

2. Remove this shield thingy. There are 2 10mm bolts.

3. Remove cotter pin beneath pin (green), remove two 12mm bolts (red), remove spring with pliers (orange – this step can be done later)

4. Remove brake line (14mm), make sure you don’t lose any washers. And here is a better view of the cotter pin that needs to be removed.

5. Remove two 14mm bolts behind rotor and take caliper off car.

6. Remove spring from dc5/ep3 caliper. Remove 17mm bolt on both calipers. Swap the hand brake cable bracket and reassemble caliper except for the spring, it makes the reinstall easier.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
7. The dust shield will need to either grinded or banged a few millimeters. If using the hammer method, it’s best to use a piece of wood to cover the abs groves to prevent damage.

8. Remove old rotor and install new one. You're going to have to remove the screws, so whatever method you chose, just don't strip the screw.

9. Hook up brake line and bleed brake. I used the old rotor as spacer to prevent the caliper from closing up. Speedbleeders were installed to reduce headaches.

10. The rest on the install is reverse of removal. Just when you get to this part it is best to do the two 12mm bolts first (red), cotter pin (green), then the spring (orange).

Bolt up the rest and get ready to stop a little bit faster.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
I did the 10.2" rear upgrade using stock Integra calipers over a year ago. They work awesome.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Flip the copper crush washers over when re-installing them. Oem ones, as usual, work best.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^

Thanks..

Just trying to add some useful stuff to the DIY section..

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
As far as parts go, is the
Is a cheaper alternative to the usual 10.2" mod?

Good job though. Gives people other options. That's always a good thing for us Honda guys.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Wondering if OP can rehost the images since they are now dead. Currently in the process of looking to do this as well and wanting clarification for ebrake lines orientation.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Wonder if this would work on the 90-91 CRX with factory rear discs...
Yes, 88-01 Civic/Integra use the same trailing arm and brake setup.

whats the smallest wheel you can run that'll clear the new set up?
A stock 14in wheel will clear 10.2 setups, thou you'll want to upgrade the front to 11in and then you'll need a larger wheel.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
AHH. Yeah, Ive been reading that too. Took awhile to find what you had to do to the rear caliper by swapping over the cable mechanism. Had to rummage thru alot of BS hahaha.

I plan on doing a DIY myself with a more clear listing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts