Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
depends on my mood
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying another another civic its a 95 ex with a 1.6 vtech I can get it for $500. The mechanic says the timing went bad in it and theres a 50% chances of the valves being bad. How much more work would I be looking at to fix this. He said I would have to swap the head or something after I fixed the timing. He owes me $500 so I'm thinking it could b a quick fix and a good gain for me cause he's gonna sell it after he fixes it anyway

·
Registered
civic
142 Posts
doing a head swap isnt to bad, but the biggest problem is the crank bolt. if it was me i would do it if i had the time and money to drop into it. because no one wants a paperweight in their driveway. i would do it, but take the top timing cover before you get it just to make sure your not getting yourself into something more. You also got to remember that the valves could have messed up the pistons and done more damage then what you can see. Good luck with it

·
Registered
depends on my mood
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool yeah I was going to replace the head gasket with a copper one I plan on turbo'n it out. I'm gonna get started on this when I get done researching the parts I need. I mean who does any major upgrades with out having another car right.

·
Registered
depends on my mood
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess thats y im a noob and I remember u bombing on me the last time I tried to get some insight on were I'm going with this jyst call it another bone post like u do any other of my threads and ill think about that before I start wondering shit

·
Registered
91 Civic 4dr
244 Posts
Why is this in the DIY section? Shouldn't this be in the "General Tech" Section?

Vtech?
nah for real, its only common sense... all you have to do is read and youll know where to put shit. it isnt that hard.

Why did you even label it with a "DIY"????? :3dtard:

·
Registered
depends on my mood
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I labeled diy cause im going to and I didnt know my thread was gonna get jumped once again before it gets started maybe u wouldnt like to have me post my info and pix on a project. somone always tryna downplay someone u probably got ppl on the way to lock another thread

·
Registered
91 Civic 4dr
244 Posts
got ppl on the way?? WT.... dude I don't have the power to lock a thread, but I'm almost positive it's gonna get locked. Go look at the other DIY threads. If your gonna DIY then actually DIY by taking pictures along the way and once it's done, then you should start the thread so ppl dont have to search through 10 pages of bullshit just to find out where your DIY actually starts. It's called common sense man. Glad I was this knowledgeable when I started my account on this site, which is the first forum I've ever joined btw and I figured it out just fine.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
To keep it a smidge on topic OP like the user said in the second post. There is a nice chance your pistons were damaged as well. I would look for a nice longblock unless you know for sure the bottom end is all good. But for $500 I would say do it, You can get a Z6 for around $500 and you could probably flip the car for an easy $1600. If thats the way you want to go of course.

·
Registered
depends on my mood
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To keep it a smidge on topic OP like the user said in the second post. There is a nice chance your pistons were damaged as well. I would look for a nice longblock unless you know for sure the bottom end is all good. But for $500 I would say do it, You can get a Z6 for around $500 and you could probably flip the car for an easy $1600. If thats the way you want to go of course.
thanx man I'm starting this today due to dickheads itll b a while before im open aboutthis in going to get my car today and tow it home.

no thanx to dickhead I will talk about this when im done I. instead of posting a diy pic by pick hope I dnt leave pix out

·
Registered
91 Civic 4dr
244 Posts

·
Registered
91 Civic 4dr
244 Posts

·
Registered
depends on my mood
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didnt ask you for anything about wat I was gonna do, u ask me y it was n this section cuz u aint know if I was doin it myself u fuccn thread buster. u ain't help nobody do nthn but lock a thread dick mouth

·
Registered
91 Civic 4dr
244 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts