Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never liked the amber in my taillights, so I covered that part with red vinyl.
The red vinyl color is nearly identical to the rest of the light so it looks stock.
It was so easy to do and only took like an hour.
The hardest part was tracing out template from the taillight so I could cut the vinyl.
After that all I did was just stick them on. The only part that gave me any trouble was the long piece that wrapped around the light. I had to cut that section in two pieces and put them on separately so it wouldn’t wrinkle. There is a very small seam where they meet but it’s hardly noticeable.
I have some more of this stuff so if anybody wants just let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the vinyl at a sign store. It only came in a 40 foot roll so I have plenty extra. Let me know if you want some.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
this is how mine turned out with the testors candy apple red model paint. After I painted them, I wanted them to have some shine so I sprayed a couple coats of clear on.

S

·
0 Posts
mrnicolas said:
are those polished Del sol wheels?? with a polished center cap?? damn i had those wheels and the center cap was plastic so there was noway you could polish it..
what did u do?

V

·
0 Posts
I don't think he polished those wheels at all. I have a del sol with the same rims and they look exactly the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts