Honda D Series Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Danz, I bought the Lisle stethescope you listed, but the thick part of the grey hose isnt close to 3/8" ID, is there any chance you meant to say 1/4" ID?

Since I got stuck on that I didnt go to home depot to try and buy some copper pipe since I hadnt sourced the barb or attachment yet, but is there a certain size to the copper pipe or is it just standard? Curious to hear how you went about that

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Thats easy, buy a 1/4 - 3/8 barbed adaptor from Osh/Home depot/Lowes

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
IMO, the ID of the hoses doesn't matter. The sound travels fine through out.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Its the same hose just jam a 3/8ths fitting in there. Look at the pictures, you can see its stretched.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Got mine all assembled today but its raining so I wont be tuning today. The line isnt pushed onto the barb in the picture because its impossible to take off its that tight when on there lol, so Ill leave that til after I feed it through my firewall

Thanks alot to Danz for posting this up. I ended up using 8 feet of fuel line, but my car is rhd so take that with a grain of salt

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yep good idea!

The larger the copper tube piece you use the greater the amplification.

Hard to believe this thread is over 4 years old.... wow time flys.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Not today but maybe some time in the near future.

For all those looking now, take a peak at the pics on this page they sum it all up.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
yes absolutley, na will detonate to if not properly tuned, allthough usually not as bad as boosted, a poorly thought out na build with the wrong combe of parts can be very detenation prone

·
Registered
91 ED7
110 Posts
Yeah, i guess ill try one for my na build. My friend had a stainless steel dog food bowl as a detonation "speaker". It looked pretty funny.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
If you plan on tweaking your air fuel maps, or your ignition timing, this is a very good tool to have.

100%.

My only word of warning with this, is, you can go deaf pretty easily. My hearing is impaired from this specific activity. And im only 28. Hah. Not 100% deaf or anything, but people are quieter these days.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
That is one advantage of an electronic version, as you don't have to turn the volume all the way up and there is a possibility to EQ it for even better clarity without ruining your hearing.

·
Registered
91 ED7
110 Posts
Ive already tuned a couple of cars, and i have run a few dynos, so im not new to tuning.
However this tool is new for me, and it seems useful.

For hearings sake, i guess i already have less than perfect hearing, thank you for the warning.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts