Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about you but I like my music. I also like money and dont feel too hot on the idea of spending ridiculous amounts of money on funky speaker cable.

on the advice of a friend, I decided to make speaker cable with commonly available Cat 5e [Ethernet] cable. the results are simply amazing. basically for 50 cents per meter, you can get cable that will kick the living shit out of any shiny overpriced wire you find in the market.

just make sure that your cable terminations are nice, solid and properly insulated and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
681 Posts
that's thinking outside the box the only problem i can see with this is the networking wire tends to go bad it isn't as flexible as stranded wire

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's thinking outside the box the only problem i can see with this is the networking wire tends to go bad it isn't as flexible as stranded wire
its flexible enough to lay out in the car once. it wont go bad as long as you dont keep fiddling with it every now and then and dont string the cable too tight. I only managed to break it when I tried to twist a strand too many times with a pair of pliers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts