Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
96 ej8
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of a lot of people doing this but I don't know what they use to fill in the mounts. I've tried searching for the substance but I can't find the name of it. Plus my engine mounts are almost torn and last night I think I saw my tranny mount was torn so could I even fill in the mounts I n there current condition? Thank you for taking the time to look into my question.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
I did a google search for "civic diy filled motor mounts" and found the answer.
I think hes also trying to find it. I couldn't find that shit in Lowes so it must be tricky.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
Yeah that will get you the name of the stuff, even after I knew the name I couldn't find it That shit is reclusive! Just feel for him cause I would love to do the same but have tried many stores not seeing it.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
I heard lowes sells it but I went there and spent a good hour in. There with no luck
I know they dont have it lol I looked for days. I'm in O'Reilly's alot but I have never seen window weld there either. This costs so cheap, yet cannot find.

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Nothing online? no poli fill ? i thought i saw a detailed DIY in forum here...

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
What do you mean?

Thanks 92civic92
I mean the same thing that 50% of the posts re: window weld ask:
"where do you find it?"

Obviously, you could probably order window weld online too - certainly, trying to find urethane casting compound locally is probably no easier than finding window weld locally.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
What do you mean?
Click the link, it will bring you to a web page with the stuff you want to buy. The harder the stiffer the mount...

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
Thankyou guys, I guess this stuff is only for the internetz. Yeah Danz all Lowes etc has is soft caulk...haha

·
needs a D
290 Posts
i know for sure home depot sells polyurethane that will fit caulk guns. It has a big PL on it and its used for roofing. last time i looked it was $5 compared to the $20 window weld at the auto stores. if you do go the home depot rout make sure to get black and not the ugly white color. either way make sure its completely dry before using it in your car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.