Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so maybe its a bit ghetto but its an invisible mod, and its not dangerous to be dodgy here.

If you have a standard gearboot, chances are, the plastic ring that restricts the gearboot from falling has long since cracked, and fallen off. So here is a way to stick the sucker up without having to go buy a whole new boot.

Without the ring on there, the boot still conforms to its origional shape as it was when the ring was there. Its not heavy (the boot) so there is no need to re inforce it, the folded down collar is enough to hold it up.

Find a coke bottle cap and drill it. Find the height you want the boot to sit at and drill the appropreate size. Slap on a coat of matt black so you cant see the red through the collar and whamo. you have a stay from nothing.

And heres a little diagram so you can see what im on about.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Very nice... hopefully I can do this for my shift boot without breaking something...

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skr33t_rac3r said:
u could just take some electrical tape and wrap it around the shifter like i did
Yeah but that is a bit too ghetto. This is a little more permanant, and when you remove the trim to service somthing, you dont have to see a huge lump of dodgy yellow and green striped insulation tape glomed on there.

It just takes a little more effort than grabbing a roll of tape, but dodgy things like that make crappy resale honda's for newcomers to the scene.

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Photonic_Si said:
Yeah but that is a bit too ghetto. This is a little more permanant, and when you remove the trim to service somthing, you dont have to see a huge lump of dodgy yellow and green striped insulation tape glomed on there.

It just takes a little more effort than grabbing a roll of tape, but dodgy things like that make crappy resale honda's for newcomers to the scene.
As opposed to coke bottle caps, which are much classier. :razz:

So eletrical tape Down Under is yellow and green? In the US its black. strange. The only thing I see wrong with using electrical tape is that the gear shifter has vibrations and heat which would make the tape eventually come loose.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Bummer I don't drink coke I guess mine will just droop lol!

Pepsi should work no?

B

·
0 Posts
I used a zip-tie on mine. I like the boot to be almost touching the shift knob.

·
Registered
320 Posts
god so freekign simple... i ahve a B&M short shifter.. and that thing sags bad... like its all at the bottom on my shifter and you still have threads... but this one is a smarter one... but i should really jsut get a mugen stick style on but i kinda like my Type-R aluminum on...

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sts2soon said:
As opposed to coke bottle caps, which are much classier. :razz:

So eletrical tape Down Under is yellow and green?
i was waiting for someone to take the piss..........

and no electrical tape DOWN UNDA is not all yellow and green. I was referring to the strange phenomena, that occurs to most people looking for ins. tape. They see black, blue red and even green and yellow, but they still seem to wind up using yellow and green striped stuff. Its a common problem.

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL well only aussie fags remove their shift boot!

and yes. A washer is just as good, but you can completly adjust the height of the bood without fiddling round with a handfull of washers

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
lmao @ aussies

good write up dude.....if you don't run a shift boot, and you have a modded exhaust.....get ready for some hot air coming into the cabin when that sucker gets hot

1 - 19 of 19 Posts