Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone made one i am bord at work and have loads of box alloy about and was going to give it a go , anyone have any tips ? i know thay are cheep to buy but i want to give it a go ! what i was going to do was cut a hole in the box aly and have a lager hole to fit the bolt and washer though , then bolt it strate on do you think this will work ?
89 HB civic

C

·
0 Posts
will most likely work, make one, then make me one, then i'll tell you how i think of it.

M

·
0 Posts
prolly the hardest part of installing the tie even a homemade one is lining everything up to get the LCA bolt through. make sure your measurements are precise

·
0 Posts
I made one for my integra out of a solid aluminum bar, and yes I could tell a difference when cornering hard ect after installation. You can use solid steel bar too and it would be the best performance wise..but it will be alot heavier

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice one guys the stuff i have is very light , its box type ally , i have picked up a lot more at work so i am going to make the upper brace to , going to make 45% cuts and the drill the holes

_|_/===box ally===\_|_ sort of like that haveing rubber washers above and below the bolts

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep thats more ghetto than me lolol its just i have all this nice ally at work and i wanted to do something with it , apart from chucking it in the bin , so i am going to try and make some stuff , and try to make it look good to , and work lol , also i am going to make a battery tie down with it , and drill some holes in it across the face off it , it just that i am bord and want to do some stuff apart from my work

·
Registered
133 Posts
cryz2 said:
has anyone made one i am bord at work and have loads of box alloy about and was going to give it a go , anyone have any tips ? i know thay are cheep to buy but i want to give it a go ! what i was going to do was cut a hole in the box aly and have a lager hole to fit the bolt and washer though , then bolt it strate on do you think this will work ?
89 HB civic
from this discription i picture the CUSCO tie bar.

N

·
0 Posts
Hey i work at a mineing roof bolt plant i can make steel bolts with threaded ends as short or long as u want them and sized from 5/8,3/4, and 7/8 inch thick i made the bar right just couldnt figure out how to fabricate sum good brackets

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hello mate wow i wish i could get bolts made up , i am going for a very simpel bar and boulting it strate on with washers and a rubber ring in in the middel its a mini front motor mount , very cheep over hear , hears a very bad diergram lolol

----- washer
==== rubber
----- washer

A

·
0 Posts
use a length of 1" angle iron. It doesn't weight very much and is strong enough.

I think its 27" on center for the LCA holes but you'd better measure 2-3 times and drill once.

here's a picture

I used a piece of 1" square tubing but this is better IMO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts