Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Civic coupe EJ6
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can split and paint the headlights but what about the tail lights?
Im looking at buying some EM1 taillights but the inside could do with a once over if even possible!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
why would you want to mess with OEM EM1 tail lights? They're perfect. Unless they're Fake lol.

Just buff n polish the outer lense.
my thoughts exactly.... one of the best OEM taillights ever.... dont mod them. Leave them alone.

·
Registered
Civic coupe EJ6
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with that but the chrome is coming away on them so if i could split them and repair/repaint that then they would be perfect.
If i can repair them i will buy them if not then the search continues!
I currently have the ebay cheap job ones are they are a leaking like they arnt even there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
you can fix them, but it is not as easy as your head lights

you will have to cut them open at the plastic welded seam like they id in this vid :

·
Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,041 Posts
I baked and separated the lenses from the housings for my CRX tail lights just the other day...no cutting required.

Sometimes moisture gets inside the housings and not only causes the silver paint on the "reflector" portion to flake off, but also can cause mold/mildew/dirt to accumulate on the lenses. Best way to make them right is to separate the lenses from the housings, clean everything up, repaint the housings as necessary, and reassemble everything.

·
Registered
Civic coupe EJ6
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was hoping someone had experience with these particular lights.
If its not going to be a tidy job id rather not do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts