Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was to time to get rid of the busted old stock un powered mirrors and id thought id do a DIY at the same time.....
Step 1.
[/IMG]]
Remove all Phillips Screws and place in container
Pop the speaker grill off to access screws in there, there will be 3 or 4 that hold your speaker and 3 behind (as labeled in diagram)
The window crank can be a little tricky but using a pick made it easier for me.
Once all the screws are removed wiggle the door off.

Step 2.
[/IMG]
Remove The bolts holding the mirror using a 8mm wrench. With the mirrors off steal the foam from it and put it in the new mirror. Put a little weather striping adhesive along the edges to hold it in a little a better then put new mirror on. My new mirrors didn't have bolts so i attached them using phillips screws (just make sure the head of the screws is bigger then the opening.)

Step 3.
[/IMG]
These next 2 steps will be an absolute whore!!!:censored:
1. Remove foam from inside drivers side underside of dash
2.Pull smaller wire through ( I used .035 welding wire and i tapped the ends so I wouldn't poke anything.)
3. Swear like a mother fucker cuz it takes forever to do.....
4. Finally get wire pulled through gromets and into door.
5. Attach 3 wires (each wire should be around 6 feet) to welding wire (I also ran speaker wire for my tweeters since I was moving them from my pillars to my door.)
6. Give yourself a high five.

Step 4.
[/IMG]
1.Pull smaller wire through
2.Get wire pulled through gromets and into door.
3.Attach 3 wires (each wire should be around 8 feet) to welding wire (I also ran speaker wire for my tweeters since I was moving them from my pillars to my door.)

Step 5.
[/IMG]
****sorry for the haggard picture.
Now to wire the mirrors to the factory harness just follow the picture. I have no idea why the company who make the Mirrors wouldn't use the same color wire as Honda Oem but what evs.
Left Mirror Right Mirror
Yellow Blue White Left/Right Green White
Red Blue Black Up/Down Yellow Black
Green Yellow Red Mirror Selector Yellow Red

*(You will notice that you only have one yellow red wire which is correct so all you have to do is butt connect both green wires to the yellow red wire.)

Black Wire is your ground so attach that anywhere on the body that is exposed metal.
Black Yellow is your power wire and attach that to your fuse panel under your dash.

Turn key on and test it out you should have success! YAY!
Return foam to opening on drivers side and put doors on in reverse order of taking them off and you should be all set to go!
Thanks for reading my DIY I hope it helps you out in anyway.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts