Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Aztec Green EJ2
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
It's recently come to my attention that many people are not familiar with the use of Photobucket/ImageShack to submit images on the board. This little DIY thread is a step by step way of doing it.

1. You must have a valid PhotoBucket (for now on refered to as PB) account. After your sign up, it's time for sign in.

2. This will lead you to your home menu
Click UPLOAD

3.Enable Uploading from your computer by pressing the blue button in the middle

4.Select the files you want to upload to your PB library

5. Wait for the IMAGE to load ( I personnally encourage JPG format since it's not tool heavy while retaining a nice quality)

6.Get back to your library.

7. Select the image you want to post on the board

8. Copy the IMG link that you paste in the message box to make it appear in the thread.

9. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Just a disclaimer:

If you want your pics to disappear in 2-3 years, choose photo(f)ucket. If you want them to last for ages, choose Imageshack.us; I would never hijack a DIY except in this case - I hate PB this g**-damned much.

I can't begin to count how many older pictures I've researched & found via google (they cache the thumbnails), only to find PB has deleted them. Conversely I've found Imageshack pics from nearly a decade ago still alive & kickin'. They aren't user-removed, as that gives a different message/page result.

If nothing else, use them for the simple reason you don't have to make an account - you have to if you want to edit/sort/delete. Other reasons include easy to get direct links & links marked up for posting directly into a forum message, optimizing an image (reduces load time), and resizing an image on the fly.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
If only the noobs would read.
Yeah, I'm gonna jump on the wagon with you guys.

Great write up. We need an entire "how to use the internet" section.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Just a disclaimer:

If you want your pics to disappear in 2-3 years, choose photo(f)ucket. If you want them to last for ages, choose Imageshack.us; I would never hijack a DIY except in this case - I hate PB this g**-damned much.

I can't begin to count how many older pictures I've researched & found via google (they cache the thumbnails), only to find PB has deleted them. Conversely I've found Imageshack pics from nearly a decade ago still alive & kickin'. They aren't user-removed, as that gives a different message/page result.

If nothing else, use them for the simple reason you don't have to make an account - you have to if you want to edit/sort/delete. Other reasons include easy to get direct links & links marked up for posting directly into a forum message, optimizing an image (reduces load time), and resizing an image on the fly.
Not true. This is a 5 year old post. I removed 3 pic in this post because I was drunk that night and was doing retarded stuff....and because my dude Chris (who put my tires on) didn't want to be online.
Okay so I got the wheels to the shop and got them all preped and ready to paint. Preogress below......

Ready to be removed

Chris Budde. The guy who took em off for me.

Tires removed and ready to paint.

The products used. Duplicolor gloss black paint, small can of red, can of clear coat, aircraft stripper and 400 grit sandpaper.

Aircraft Stripper doin its thang.

First coat.

Second coat.

Third coat.

·
Registered
Aztec Green EJ2
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
really hate how the new photobucket turned out.
the old one was more user friendly for me to find my old pictures
Totally agree with that. Had to literrally relearn how to use PB before posting this

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
i prefer imageshack...

photobucket seems to fail a lot...

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
^^
This

And that quoted wheel paint write up shows the direct result.

Ive used Imageshack since 07 and never had a problem.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
^^
This

And that quoted wheel paint write up shows the direct result.

Ive used Imageshack since 07 and never had a problem.
.......because I removed them myself. I don't understand why people have such a hard time with it. I've never had a problem like anything you guys have described.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
when you read a thread and it shows "image is not availble" during a write up, youll know.

Figures, when trying to find the icon, i cant find one. But when I look thru a writeup, there all over the place.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Yet my images from 8+ years ago still show up.......using photobucket.
Maybe if you log in often and the pics get lots of views.

I like viewing old dynos in old threads, and find them via google. All too often the picture will be BLANK, not the "removed or deleted" picture. When you click on it the PB page shows the image title, produces an image name, but shows a tiny red "X" or nothing at all.

Here's an example (both the forum page's post #13 and the pic's PB page):
Post Your All Motor JDM H22 Type S Piston Builds! - Honda-Tech
Dyno2008001.jpg Photo by misterpsycho | Photobucket

FYI this is a problem from home & work PC's, different IP's, etc.

·
Registered
Aztec Green EJ2
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Post your pics on the board using ImageShack

Stop whining y'all, here's your treat...
Don't pay attention to the French browser, clickable content of the English IS page should be placed similarly.

After the sign up, click on "UPLOAD MEDIA"

Click on "BROWSE"

Choose your pic/video to upload

Choose the size at wich you wish to embed the image (not necessary, the board automatically resizes the images here)

After the loading of the image(s), you can directly select the IMG code to post on the board

Or use "My uploads" to get the codes for older images, it'll be on the right. You can even select multiple images to get 1 code for all of them.

How do I change the title of the thread to "Post your pics on the board using PhotoBucket/ImageShack"?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
doesnt get any easier than this right here...

imageshack desk top tool bar deal... drag and drop:

chose the size

press upload

direct links... there are other options as well...

right click, upload to imageshack

1 - 20 of 20 Posts