Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
939 Posts
I found the Standard Abrasives rolls to be a bit large for the Honda head. I felt that the Dremel sizes were better as they were smaller. The article is a good write though.

D

·
0 Posts
Do any of you guys use a flow bench? What kind of results did you see form you work?

D

·
0 Posts
I plan on trying to build my own. I have the plans out of hot rod mag I found on the net. I am just waiting till im out of x-mas debt. I can give you a link if your intarested? Let me know maby we can swap horror storys of the build.

D

·
0 Posts
I also found a site that uses the same plans but they try to sell them to you ?Basterds!!

If I ever get my shit together I will post pics of the build and stuff. I am intarested in doing heads and making some power. The cool part about head work is any one can do it but not every one can be good. I have a friend who dose lots of swaps and such so he has lots of practice heads for me :lol:
So I hope I can do some decent work and not just crap!

I plan on using a dremel to do the porting but I want to have a bench before I start doing work! Valve jobs are also half the battle so I need to find a person to do that to.

If I find an more good info I will post links!!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another good one. Damn your on the ball. I like those five golden rules. I think Ill leave the chambers alone they are 38cc chambers on the a6 and I think it best with my limited experience to stay with easy things like the ports. Maybe with some more practice and a working flow bench it would be feasible to do the chambers myself.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah that sounds good. I know its easy to mess up the flow rather than help.

I think that one of the most important areas on a d series head is the the bowl and a good 3 angle valve job. You can also work the runners on the intake side. I have also read that its not worth putting in over sized valves unless you are using forced induction so I think you should be shooting for more velocity rather then opening the runners and port entry unless you are going for top end rather than a balance of tq and hp.

All is just opinion and things I have read so feel free to correct it. I also think we should drill exospeed for some info you know he should know what he's doing!! :twisted:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree with you on all accounts. The port inside the runners that I have done is to basically follow the contours of the stock form without trying to really beef anything out. Mostly just remove flash and imperfections that were left by the factory. On the intake side I did open it up almost to the edge of the gasket. The surface, inside the runners, on the intake side isnt mirror finished like the exhaust side. Ive read the exhaust ports should be smooth if not mirrored and the intake side should be finished with a coarser grit like the 80 grit sanding wheels and tubes. Also, I didnt go too deep in and stayed out of the valve area. Gradually tapering off as I went further inside the ports and following the original shape.On the intake side I think this will really improve velocity into the chambers/bowls. And on the exhaust side, gasses will have absolutely no problems escaping.
I think your right about exospeed. He could probably clear a few things up.

D

·
0 Posts
That sounds like a good start to me!! Now just get a good valve job and you should be good to go!

D

·
0 Posts
Dam it every time I see pics of ported heads and stuff I get all pissed and want to grind on somthing!!! :evil:

I think until I get my bench up and running im going to get myself a dremel and see if I can use my buddys dads bentch. I cant take it any more!

PS: nice pics!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts