Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Looking for a DIY on porting the Y7 throttle body... Had one laying around and thought it might be worth it... Also any info for a larger butterfly... Thanks!!! :smile:

·
Registered
96 Posts
JG Engine Dynamics will bore your stock throttle body out to 62 mm, and replace the butterfly with a larger one for about $80. Its far better for paying the $275 BBK wants for their throttle body

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
they can't do it over 60mm with d16Tb, it must a B or H one.
At 60mm bore, you can use LS flap, and you have to know that map sensor air path are so thin, and TB itselft too, brass bushing are affected little bit, over that you can't.

Please don't to argue with it, THAT'S IT. I've done it on y8 one, I'm machinist.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Belette said:
they can't do it over 60mm with d16Tb, it must a B or H one.
At 60mm bore, you can use LS flap, and you have to know that map sensor air path are so thin, and TB itselft too, brass bushing are affected little bit, over that you can't.

Please don't to argue with it, THAT'S IT. I've done it on y8 one, I'm machinist.
Where did you find the LS "flap". I have a friend and cousin that are machinists... I could have it done through them. Any other suggestions/tips??? Thanks!!! :smile:

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
I find it of a friend who bored his B18 TB to 64mm, stock have 60mm one. I picked up his flap :) I bored it to exactly the same bore than LS flap, and honed it little bit to make fit easier, and nice finish :)

Remember at 60mm, you have to be centered perfectly to don't scrap TB, air path and bushing....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check it out... it's not a big deal if the T/B gets screwed up because I got it for free... :smile: Either way it gives me another option...

One more question while you are around... the IACV on the Y7 is located where? on the throttle body??? or intake manifold??? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
modsHXcivi said:
why not just spend the $100 and send it to www.maxbore.com for a port job
Wouldn't be so bad if I lived in the States.... but unfortunately I live in Canada. So add in the exchange on that, taxes, and duty at the border.... I'm better off trying to find something around here... :neutral:

E

·
0 Posts
Would it be safe to port the TB a couple mm with a dremel yourself? Just enough to keep the seal with the valve, would that be beneficial at all?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tuner Type 1 said:
I'll have to check it out... it's not a big deal if the T/B gets screwed up because I got it for free... :smile: Either way it gives me another option...

One more question while you are around... the IACV on the Y7 is located where? on the throttle body??? or intake manifold??? Thanks!!!
IACV on the Y7 is located on the throttle body. Y8's have it on the intake manifold.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
99ekhatch said:
IACV on the Y7 is located on the throttle body. Y8's have it on the intake manifold.
Thank you!!! I found out not too long back however it is nice just to confirm it. :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts