Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not really a DIY. That's more showing off your pictures. Where's the steps?

Also, the pictures show some change in oxidation, but damn those pics are terrible.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you cant figure out to put the compund on the buffer and just use it then maybe you shouldnt be attemping it anyways. Pics were taken with my iPhone....even though the pictures are not the best in the world you can still see a big diffrence in them. DIY Stands for Do It Yourself, I showed you how to DO something yourself instead of replacing the headlights.....

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
heres how i did mine to add this thread. Wet sand at 800,1200,1500,2000 buff with meguiars M105 compound on a yellow pad followed by meguiars m205 compound on a white pad. They went from this

to this

night and day difference. Best thing to do is keep them waxed at least once every 6 months

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where did you buy the meguiars compound and pads??

I do the sanding process all the way to 2000grit and then spray clear over them. Real clear not spray can clear. this way the shine lasts.

if you do it the way the OP did it youll be doin that every couple of weeks.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well apparently some people dont appreciate DIY's but whatever. I dont sand it because if you use a buffing compound it actually has small grits in it that will sand out most of the stuff. Spraying Clear on a headlight isnt too good of a idea either as the heat will crack it overtime. Someone mentioned if you do the way the OP says you will be doing it every couple weeks. Which isnt true, because as stated before the point of the compound is to sand out the oxidation that happens over time. I guess since I left everyone on here has become geniuses and dont appreciate crap anymore...oh well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts