Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
show off your DIY paint jobs! planning on doing my own this summer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I dont have any pics of my crx but i painted last year with flat black paint.Also id paint my gsr wheels flat black.Ill be posting pics soon.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
pics of an entire painted car or?

i've painted my :
side mouldings
front lip
rear lip
sideskirts
sp00n mirrors
trunk liscence plate garnish
door handles
eyelids

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
zoom in a little on the paint... it looks good from far, but I'm curious what the texture really looks like... :TU: on a DIY job though

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heres the sol

before the paint

there was lots of rust, but ill post that later and now the new paint.. it is graphite gray pearl. off of a mitsu evo mr

cant wait to get it all back together. hopefully fri it will be done

·
Registered
879 Posts
lkailburn said:
pics of an entire painted car or?

i've painted my :
side mouldings
front lip
rear lip
sideskirts
sp00n mirrors
trunk liscence plate garnish
door handles
eyelids

car looks clean! wish i could paint my own stuff. tried going the rattle can route on my last car, didn't work out so well... :???:

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
yeah, looks good :TU:

definitely not a rattle can job :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
thanks for the compliments guys. im gonna reclear coat the lips hopefully this weekend and then i'll get ya some closeup pics

thanks again

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I see a tiny, tiny bit of orange peel in the close-up on the sidemirror... you can tell by how the reflections of the ceiling lights are not perfectly even lines. But that small amount is great for a home job... Earl Sheib did mine and the orange peel look was HORRIBLE.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah there is some orange peel in the clear. but not to bad.. im happy with the way it turned out, cant wait to get it all back together again. hopfully tomorow.. ill take some pics of it

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
question to the guy that painted the sol...Were you able to get the top and window seals off without damaging them? I need to get my car painted and wanted to take off as much stuff as possible before dropping it off and was worried about ruining the seals if I tryed taking them off thanks for any info you can provide :smile:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ahh yes the seals. well um the side windshield mouldings, i broke every clip that holds them on, they are tough to get off with out em breaking. the weather stipping on the that goes all the way around, is easy, its 4 screws for the front and 2 for the rear ones then they just peel off, but becareful pullin em off there is a sealant on them, if ya go to fast you can destroy em.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts