Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just did my obd0 to obd1 conversion and thought that i should tell how easy it was to do!

Part list
-Obd1 ecu plugs-make sure to cut like 7inches of wire on the plugs (i went to the junk yard)
-Obd0 ecu (use pm5,pm9 something dpfi)
-obd1 dizzy (i got d15b7 on my y8 head)
-soldering iron(with solder and paste)
- use google to get the pin outs to the plugs

1. Get a obd0 ecu i used a pm9 use a dpfi ecu they suck ass.
2. Take a torch to the ecu board to remove the plugs {just melt the solder on the pins to the plug} its very easy
3.solderthe wires were they go

Obd1 on the left
Obd0 on the right

A1-a1
A2-a7
A3-a3
A4-add vtec solenoid if got vtec
A5-a5
A6-add o2 wire black one under white
A7-a12
A9-a11
A12-b4
A13-b6
A15-b3
A16-b5
A20-a6
A21-b15
A23-a2
A24-a4
A25-a13 splice w/o2 wire black under green
A26-a18

B1-a15
B2-a16
B5-b8
B9-b13
B10-b16
B11-b10
B12-b12
B13-c3
B14-c4
B15-c1
B16-c2

D1-b1
D2-c10
D3-add knock sensor
D4-toggle switch with ground
D6-vtec pressure switch
D9-b14
D10-b19
D11-c7
D13-c6
D14-c16 splice with o2 wire white
D15-c5
D17-c11
D19-c15
D20-c13
D21-c14
D22-c12 splice with o2 wire green

Thats about it jus becareful when soldering not to solder any of them togetther. My car work fine obd1 and i did the conversion myself. And make sure u use a obd1 dizzy it wont run. Later.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Its even easier to just hack off the OBD0 plugs, and solder on OBD1 plugs. I did exactly what you did years ago, and decided that it would never need to be OBD0 again. So I cut the OBD0 plug out, and soldered the OBD1 plugs in permanently.

I also noticed, after bending and moving the OBD0 pins that stuck out of the original ECU sockets, they started to break.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill see about pics im on a g1 so idont know how to yet. But i jus might make a nother one and take pics along the way. And i didnt break any of them lol

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
I didnt break any initially. Im talking after like 3 years of use, and plugging and unplugging the ECU, they will eventially break...

But dont listen to me... I only did this same thing years and years ago.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont worry i was thinking about that but i just leave the harness in and jus unplug the ecu and if u cut the wire down there it jus a pain to be down there for a hour or so jus easyer to do it out of the car and if you notice you dont us all the wires it will jus look messy but i do understaind were u are come from

·
Registered
89 Civic Hatch DX
9 Posts
Its even easier to just hack off the OBD0 plugs, and solder on OBD1 plugs. I did exactly what you did years ago, and decided that it would never need to be OBD0 again. So I cut the OBD0 plug out, and soldered the OBD1 plugs in permanently.

I also noticed, after bending and moving the OBD0 pins that stuck out of the original ECU sockets, they started to break.
I agree, I switched over my car from obd0 dpfi to obd1 mpfi last year when I did my mini-me swap. Took awhile cutting, soldering, and heat shink tubing, but I thought it would be worth it since you get a solid connection with soldering. I used this site SolBlu's Helpful Del Sol Site in the how to section to do my swap and also a couple of factory wiring diagrams. I went to a junkyard and grabbed an extra plug for the engine bay for my extra wires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I did it like this cause I have seen a lit if jumper harness fail..

·
Registered
08 ZX10
24 Posts
I need pics plz!!! I'm in the middle of converting to OBD1 and I'm clueless without step by step pics to compare to what I'm doing lol...

·
Registered
92 Civic Seadan
344 Posts
so what he is doing it pretty much making a jumper harness?
is a jumper harness the easier way to go for someone that isn't good at wires and shit lol

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
so what he is doing it pretty much making a jumper harness?
is a jumper harness the easier way to go for someone that isn't good at wires and shit lol
yes a jumper harness is the easy way to go for some one thats not good with wiring as its a plug and play thing...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts