Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I dont see how you could get rid of any more play than this mod accompishes to be honest, its completely solid theres no play anywhere but at my shifter "cup" which even the mil-spec joint wouldnt fix. This is a great way to fix this joints slop and quite easily.

Mine wasnt near as bad as the OP's in stock form, but the shifter has no room to freely roam now, its tight, you can feel the path to the next gear much easier, less chance of wonderring the stick when making a quick shift

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont see how you could get rid of any more play than this mod accompishes to be honest, its completely solid theres no play anywhere but at my shifter "cup" which even the mil-spec joint wouldnt fix. This is a great way to fix this joints slop and quite easily.

Mine wasnt near as bad as the OP's in stock form, but the shifter has no room to freely roam now, its tight, you can feel the path to the next gear much easier, less chance of wonderring the stick when making a quick shift
Bearings at the bottom of the shifter also help a bit if the stock piece is worn, but 90% of my slop was gone after doing a similar mod. Used turned nylon bushings instead of brass, but same idea. Make sure you keep them greased up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah yes I was looking at those too, was wondering what the quality is like. That will likely be my next shifter upgrade.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Very worth the $120, replaces all the worn oem shlt/worn cup etc, bolts right in like oem. Only slight issue is its a single bend shifter, the knob placement is a little far forward for someone who sits all the way back as I do, I perfer the b&m dual bend knob position. But its perfectly driveable, just not "my perfect'" spot. For the track I made an exteneded shift knob that is 10" tall and has a bend in it, or I believe Ktuned has some sort of contraption that pulls the shift knob back and makes it adjustable, havent looked at them in a while

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
42 Posts
Thread necromancy time!
Anyone have the dimensions of the bar & bitch pin holder, or a part number for that sealed universal joint? I'm not afraid of a little welding and like long-term solutions.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts